Whats the best tire pressure monitor system.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I want to get a tire pressure monitor system for my coach.
#1) what is the best one out there.
#2) Is there one that will do the pickup and Trailer ?
#3) What ether features should I look for ?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

SilverRhino

I have been using the TST 507 for years and have no problems. Customer service from TST is the best and the system can handle both your truck and trailer easily. The 507 allows you to change your own batteries, which I preferred.

whp4262

I've had really good luck with the TST 507RV and great customer support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grey Ghost

:cool:I run with the TST 507 model and have had it for the last two years and no problems so far. Very pleased with it.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Sounds like the TST 507 is the unanimous winner...
Thank you guys for all of the feed back I will place my order today...
Look like it comes with 4 sensors so I will have to order 6 more than.
Do you guys run them on your steer tires too ?

SilverRhino

I run them all the way around...... I acquired a couple of extra sending units from a friend who downsized...... So I even have one on the spare!!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I see on there website they also have a TM-510RV with what looks like a bigger screen but there site doesn't tell you much about it. I will call them tomorrow. But I was wondering if any of you have one.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Well I ordered the TST-510 system this morning, she said with this one the battery's will last about 5 years. With the 507 about 1 year. I decided I didn't want to have to replace them every year and in 4 or 5 years they will probably have bigger and better unit that I'll want anyway...

Snow

Well I ordered the TST-510 system this morning, she said with this one the battery's will last about 5 years. With the 507 about 1 year. I decided I didn't want to have to replace them every year and in 4 or 5 years they will probably have bigger and better unit that I'll want anyway...

Smart choice,but 507 are going on three years now and haven't had to replace batteries yet then again Iam only doing about 7 trips a year the longest being about 200 miles one way ,either way you ain't go wrong with the TST ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Smart choice,but 507 are going on three years now and haven't had to replace batteries yet then again Iam only doing about 7 trips a year the longest being about 200 miles one way ,either way you ain't go wrong with the TST ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️
Do you leave them on all the time or do you take them off when you're not using them ?
She said they are air activated so if you pull them off for the winter the battery's will last longer

Garypowell

Someone has to speak up for the Valor system. Same great service. I prefer it since it is an internal system so you get more accurate hub temperature.

I want to get a tire pressure monitor system for my coach.
#1) what is the best one out there.
#2) Is there one that will do the pickup and Trailer ?
#3) What ether features should I look for ?

Look for one that will ignore sensors when it doesn't sense them - in other words, suppose you leave your RV at a campsite and go for a drive. The TPMS will not see the trailer sensors, and therefor should ignore them rather than setting an alarm.

Look for a system that has sensors with replaceable batteries.

I am running the system from www.tiretraker.com I've had it since 2010.

GOTTOYS

Someone has to speak up for the Valor system. Same great service. I prefer it since it is an internal system so you get more accurate hub temperature.
But with the Valor system you need to dismount then mount and balance the tires to install it, then do the same if you have a problem with a sensor and need to change it. No thank you...Don

Larry&LyndaSmith

Past New Mexico Chapter Leaders
Tried the Valor system on my 2015 Landmark Newport with no luck. Old antenna, new antenna, Could not find all of the sensors. Went back to the old reliable tst system.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Asking what is the best TPMS is like asking the forum what is the best tow vehicle. Many opinions.