Dishwasher handle in Landmark 365... Does it get in the way?

BudnDonna

Hi Folks,
I have been following the forum for a while now and have learned an AMAZING amount from all the wonderful members here. Over the past year we have been looking for our full time dream machine and have settled on the Landmark 365 as our #1 choice. We are going to the Hershey Show to view the models side by side since our local dealer doesn't have many (we haven't made our purchased yet). The DW (look at that, I'm even learning the slang!) has a question on the dishwasher. She wants that option and would like to know if anyone that has it has any issues with the handle design? Does it catch your ankles as you work in that area or is it to far out when using the sink? We've looked at a number of SOB (look, there I go again! LOL) and some have a curved handle that appears to be less of a possible ankle biter. Other then that, the Landmark is the clear winner hands down and we can't wait for another year to go by so we can order ours!!!! Thanks to all for sharing so much of your vast knowledge with us!

jbeletti

Hi Bud,

We have the Furrion dishwasher. My wife loves it. I asked her about the handle hitting her. It touches her at the knees (she's 5'10" tall). That's my hairy leg in the picture below showing where it hits me. Neither of us have noticed this as an issue.

I took some measurements for you. The center of the handle sits at 18.5" off the floor. The handle projects 2" from the door. The door projects about 3/4" from the cabinet style.

Hope this helps! :)

IMG_4084.jpg IMG_4085.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

My 2 cents...
We would rather have the space below the sink for storage of all of the soaps, soap dispensers, and cleaning supply's. We wash our dishes and put them away after every meal. And with that big beautiful sink it's an easy task.
That's a lot of lost space under there for a tiny dishwasher.

TxCowboy

I can see where that might be a bit of a hazard. Just a thought, but looks like a nice place to hang the hand towel. Just a little something that you can see out of the corner of your eye until you train yourself to walk further away from the dishwasher handle.

Kenneths

Mine has never been in the way at all, never bumped it or anything. I am not sure what brand I have though.

jbeletti

Bud - in fairness, I have to share this... Tonight, Nancy doinked her knee into the end of the dishwasher handle as the was passing by - parallel with the island. So, it can happen. Though I've never done it :)