Dually and TPMS

kbbagshaw

We just bought a 2015 F350 DRW. We were installing out TST TPMS sensors when we realized we could not get to the inside rear tire. We read a lot of pros and cons about valve extensions. Two questions: 1) does anyone know if the factory TPMS is on all 6 tires? 2) has anyone installed the TST sensors on the inside tire and if so, how?
Thanks

MTPockets

I have the TST and mount them on all six tires. The inside tires are a bit tedious, but doable without a lot of trouble. I removed the safety cap so I don't have to use them tool. Just reach thru blind and and once you get it started the rest is easy. You may have some difficulty at first, but you'll get it down.

dbbls59

The dually doesn't have factory sensors. I put TST valve stem sensors on my inside duals. I removed the outer wheel to do it. There isn't room for one on the outside wheel with aluminum wheels. The outside one is easy to check anyway.

MTPockets

The dually doesn't have factory sensors. I put TST valve stem sensors on my inside duals. I removed the outer wheel to do it. There isn't room for one on the outside wheel with aluminum wheels. The outside one is easy to check anyway.
. ??? I have the TST on six wheels. Not sure what is meant by no room?

whp4262

I put TST sensors on all of my tires too. On the inside dual I used flow-through sensors and I used non flow-through on the rest. I found after the sensors get dirt inside the anti theft outer shell you can take them off without the tool anyway so I just took the outer shell off. They also fit the aluminum wheels on my 2013 duramax better without the outer shell. On the duals I align the valve stem on the inner and outer wheels in the same location otherwise I can't get to the inside valve stem without removing the outer wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sengli

Just recently this exact issue gave me an excuse to trade in the silverado, for a new RAM DRW 3500. This new truck has the TPMS on all six of the wheels from the factory. So far so good on the readings. I originally did buy the TST 507 system with 10 sensors, but was a little weary of the inside rears sensors somehow loosening, so I never installed them.

Lou_and_Bette

Just installed TST on my F450 DRW. I put flow-through on inside dual and regular 507's on the rest. I had to remove the anti-theft device and had to remove small flow-though valve caps that came on valve stems. It was a little tight with my big hands but doable. Then, had tires rotated (I removed sensors before taking it to the tire store so they wouldn't get mixed up/damaged). When I got truck home, they had moved dally wheels so both inside and outside vale stems were in same location. Now, I couldn't get my hand into do inner wheel and had to have my DW do it. Since we were leaving on trip next day, I didn't have time to do it before we left but will be one of the first things I do when we get home as now I have to have DW remove little valve cap on inner wheel, and replace it when I am done, checking tire pressure.

kbbagshaw

Thank you everyone for the comments and suggestions. After deciding against valve extensions due to bad reports, we took off the theft cap on the tpms and my wife's smaller hands got them on the stems.

porthole

Retired
Easiest way with the Fords is to rotate the tire so the valve stems are almost opposite. Remove the anti theft caps and just squeeze your hand through the slot.

Dutch & Di

On our 2015 Dodge, all 6 tires were monitored with the factory TPMS but I don't know about Ford. When we had our 96 Dodge, we used a braided line we purchased at Camping world & put curved extensions on to bring the inner stem to the outside wheel which made installing our TST system much easier. Hope this helps. Hugs, Di

We just bought a 2015 F350 DRW. We were installing out TST TPMS sensors when we realized we could not get to the inside rear tire. We read a lot of pros and cons about valve extensions. Two questions: 1) does anyone know if the factory TPMS is on all 6 tires? 2) has anyone installed the TST sensors on the inside tire and if so, how?
Thanks