LM 365 Roof end caps separating

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Found this on our first trip out with our brand new Landmark 365 Ashland,back in may.
both of my seems on the left side of the coach front and rear, where the fiberglass cap meets the rubber roof have separated. All of the screws had pulled out. My dealer took care of it right away.
Some of you guys my just want to go up and take a look at yours
df79f66359d6179f3f0a871c6c6b973a.jpg
5e5bdd2e212fd25d979c3e7d402491d6.jpg
ac59b6bda212d8ee14be6e7177f669ff.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

guyc66

Did your dealer find what caused it to pull apart and/or do anything to prevent it from happening again?

Bones

In my opinion I don't think that is an appropriate fix. They should have completely stripped all of the old caulk off checked the fasteners and then caulked. All I think they did is cover it up with a ton of caulk. They at least could have used that fancy tape if they were going to do that.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

The factory uses tiny screws to hold the cap on, and they completely striped out. My dealer striped the whole thing then put the proper screws into good structure below. Then they re caulked it all. They were pretty confident I won't have any issues with it ever again. So we'll keep an eye on it.
Just want you guys to check your because it was a big gap, and a good rain storm could do a lot of damage inside the ceiling and wall before you ever knew there was a problem.
Actually my buddy found this on our first trip out when he went up to check out the roof of our brand new $100000 rig.... Kinda inberesing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

sjandbj

I have the same separation on the rear cap of my big country. The gap from the cap to the roof was at the widest point about 3/8 inch. It was wider towards the end and as it moved towards the middle it got smaller. this was too large for self leveling caulk so i pump it full of regular Dicor sealant to resolve the immediate problem then i plan on sealing the whole seam with Eterabond tape. Once the tape is in place it should never leak. I have already sealed all my vents and shower window with the tape.
Regards,
Steve