Individual product registration required?

TxCowboy

DW was going through the stack of paperwork (blue bag stuff) for the new Key West looking for all of the product warranty registration forms.

I didn't think we needed to do product registration since they are covered under the RV's warranty period for at least a year.

Am I misunderstanding this process or should I be looking for serial numbers for the ACs, cooktop, etc.?

rxbristol

I've worked with a couple of the vendors with no problems. I had to supply my sells invoice to one of them to show when I purchased the RV.

olcoon

One thing you've got to think about is that Heartland's 1 year warranty, is just for the coach. Not the fridge, AC, furnace, etc. Some of the other things in your coach may have a longer warranty. Our AC went out after the coach warranty expired, but Dometic repaired it under warranty, as it was for 2 years. Each component will have it's own warranty. We registered the warranty for everything that we had paperwork on, and did it all online.

mlburst1

We also registered everything in the blue bag online - simple to do and no hassle if any warranty claim would have occurred (none did!).

TxCowboy

For those that register their products individually, where did you get the serial numbers for the AC units? Crawl up on top and remove the shroud?

Also, I've gone through my packet of information, user/owner guides, etc. and have two registration cards, one each for Dometic ACs and the induction cooktop.

I remember my Greystone came with a ton of registration cards.

danemayer

On our 2011, I think the A/C serial number is above the air dump/return, accessed from inside. On newer Landmarks with the different A/C design, I don't know.

TxCowboy

Dan, yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I just installed a new AC on the Greystone we've traded in on the Key West ($1000 spent just before we decided to trade in -- go figure!!) and thought the serial number would be on a sticker that came with the paperwork for the AC unit. Nope! We would have had to remove the interior air distribution box to get to get to the serial number on the unit.

Since the KW has three ACs installed, how do you get to the serial numbers now that everything is centrally ducted?

danemayer

Jeff,

You might call Dometic customer service and ask them for the location of the s/n plates.

While you're on the phone with them you might ask when they require a registration card be sent in. My guess is they'd like it but don't require it.

In my past conversations with Shurflo, Lippert and Dexter, they just wanted the VIN # of the trailer and the purchase date.

When I've called Dometic, I think they wanted device serial #s, but they also are pretty insistent that you go to a dealer for service.

TxCowboy

I'm hoping this conversation is purely academic. My 2011 Greystone had zero problems in over four years of ownership but we weren't dragging it around the country.

Hope the KW is just as trouble free. :)

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We got zero warranty registration cards with our Heartland 2015 Prowler.

Come to think of it . . . we didn't get any with our 2013 Heartland Trail Runner, either.