GVWR Sticker:

ksucats

We just purchased a 2015 Key West two weeks ago. When walking around the coach yesterday (finally putting stuff from the old coach into the basement) I noticed that the weight tag on the side shows gross weifht to be 17500. I thought that all were now 18000. Coach was built 01/15. U believe it was the 20th but not real sure on that one.

I probably need to call customer service but figured asking here would not hurt.

TxCowboy

I understood it to be 18K as well but not near the unit right now to check. Please post what you find out through HL.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
The website does state the GVWR as 18K.

However at the bottom it has this disclaimer; LANDMARK specifications shown apply to coaches with Vin numbers ending with 290859 and higher.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Normally the sticker on the rig supercedes anything else. If in doubt, call HL with your vin for clarification. Trace

olcoon

The last thing done to the rig before it leaves the line is to get weighed, and the sticker is printed & applied to the coach.

danemayer

The last thing done to the rig before it leaves the line is to get weighed, and the sticker is printed & applied to the coach.

There's more than one sticker/label. There's the yellow sticker inside the entry door frame, showing actual empty weight as the trailer left the factory. The VIN label on the front sidewall shows the GVWR.

Bones

I have a suggestion for all of Heartland trailers. Weight the pin or tongue which ever applies as well as weighing the whole rig. You would weigh the pin weight empty of course. I think that would be very informative information for our trailers. Just my two cents.

Bohemian

There is one and only one legal GVWR. It's posted on the vehicle.

If it differs from the "as advertised" GVWR then it is legally different. You should ask Heartland why.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

If it differs from the "as advertised" GVWR then it is legally different. You should ask Heartland why.

It could also be an error. I have seen recalls for the GVWR sticker being incorrect (though usually it's too high, and needs to be reduced to be accurate/safe.)

ksucats

Thanks for all the replies. I've misplaced my piece of paper for the moment but the sticker on the side of the coach shows a 'shipped' weight of 148xx, gvrw of 17500, and the VIN is in in rnage above the number given above. Tried to call HL Cust. Svc but they were already closed. Will try again tomorrow.

sengli

I saw in the news yesterday, that there is a recall on some 2010 thru 2015 heartland fivers for just this reason. They state the stickers were printed with incorrect info, and they will send you a correct updated sticker.

ksucats

Just to update this item: I did finally speak to 'Scott' in customer service. He, in turn, spoke to someone in Engineering and I believe production. In any case, my coach, build Feb of 2015 has a GVWR of 17500, not the 18000 newer ones appear to have.

I then asked what the difference was caused by, he did not have that answer nor did I pursue it but I really would like to know.

wdk450

I had my Bighorn into the Heartland Factory shop for the pinbox frame flex issue. Pre-repair my GVWR sticker read 15,000 lbs. Post repair the new sticker read 14,500 lbs. So what is "one and only GVWR"???