Ultra Leather Recliners

GaryB

I have a 3055RL BH on order with these recliners. I've read some posts about how big/comfortable they are, but also about how heavy they are.

To folks who own these recliners:

1) Are they REALLY that much more difficult to move around (as when needing to close the slideout)? If I'm going to need a crane (slight exaggeration), then I may opt for the standard recliners, or euros. Coley at the factory told me I need to make up my mind quickly if I want to change!

2) Do the ultra leather recliners swivel 90 degrees, as needs to be done to close the slideout? Or must they be picked up to be rotated?

Thanks again! Last question of the day!
Gary

jbeletti

Gary,

They swivel. But to fully recline in them, they need to be pulled out a ways. So you will swivel, then push them back for travel.

I cannot answer how heavy they are. Others will chime in on that.

DennisZ

Gary
If they are as heavy as the standard recliners, they are heavy! You do need to manhandle them to get them stowed for travel, I looking at getting new La-Z-Boy recliners (looked at them yesterday), but they are on the pricey side $650 each, but it seems like they are the only "quality" manufacturer of recliners that will fit with he slides in.

Hope this helps

Dennis

jbeletti

Hi Dennis,

As a side note to the Lazy Boy Reclina-way chairs that we just bought (yes, ouch $$), the handles on the side of each chair angle outward a bit at the end. The makes it very tight to fit in the rear cap of the newer trailers.

I found that by rotating the chairs (easy to do as they are very light) with the handles against the rear cap wall, they will "just" clear the slide fascia.

But, they will mar the wall. I now plan to try a heavy sock over the handles. Next step if the sock does not work is to remove the handle and square tube handle rod to see if is can be shortened an inch. Another idea is to cut the handle down in length by say, one-half.

Anyway, just be aware. By the way, the older (classic) coaches that were advertised as being able to swap the sofa and chair positions (slide to cap) have sufficient rear cap depth with no gymnastics required to get the wider chairs stowed for travel.

Delaine and Lindy

We have the Ultra Leather chairs and yes they are very, very heavy and as said above must be moved away from the wall to recline. We have a Lazy Boy reclin-away Love seat order and a Lazy Boy reclin-away chair ordered and the Couch Air-bed and the to Ultra Leather chairs are going to Good Will and we are going to get the price to replace couch and chairs and write it off our taxes. We are hard to learn we did the same thing with our last 5er. We had three Lazy Boy recliners and a Glider rocker in our last 5er. They didn't offer the Reclin-aways then. The rear cap area we had to remove the back of the Lazy boy and stand the seat part up and laid the back in the other recliners, work like a charm and plenty of room to close slides. Lazy Boys are the only way to go and they weight about half as much as the Ultra Leather chairs and 10 times more comfortable. Good Luck with your choice. GBY...

DennisZ

Jim
The recliners that I was looking at are the 532 model, they are only 28'' wide, they are the ones with the wood arms, but the inside are much wider and they are real comfortable. I may be ordering them soon, as one of my chairs is not in very good shape.

Dennis

Sparkie

recliners

You may consider getting Eurochairs. Two will fit in the rear. They are light and narrow enough so that you can swivel them around so you can take in a view without rearranging the furniture. We even have a small table between ours. Quality and price vary. I have one ultrarecliner and yes it is a bear to move around.

dtomlinson

We ordered the ultra-leather euro-recliners w footstools on our 3200ES Sundance. They are very comfortable and very easy to move back when we run slides in. With the round base, they can be slid around very easiely. We were planning to go the lazyboy rounte, but these work out better. I have noticed the very same brand in some very nice motorhomes, so must be good ones!

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
We have the standard cloth recliners that came with the 2009 3400RE and they are somewhat comfortable but heavy. It's almost impossible to recline both chairs at the same time and to fully recline must be pulled out slightly. They can't be too cumbersome as the day we are hitting the road I awaken to find my DW as them back to back, tied down and ready to go, albeit a tight fit. By the way, she is not for sale!LOL

GaryB

Thanks everybody for the info!

I ended up opting to delete the recliners totally for $450 credit. Now I'm looking to buy comfortable recliners that are easy to move on my own. That's why I started another thread about the rear living area depth dimension. It seems like the questions never end! I look forward to receiving my unit in May and finally getting to use it after all this research.

Gary

N9MB

We went with the leather Euro option and love 'em. Light enough for the DW to move and quite comfortable to relax in. Only down side is that they didn't come with cup holders....:D