Decal Removal?

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
Just picked up my new big horn full body paint full of marketing decals how would I get the glue residue off the paint without hurting it any suggestions

GOTTOYS

I used Goo Gone when I removed the plastic junk badges on my new truck. Worked just fine. A little polishing compound followed up with some wax and you would never know they were there. I'd try it first on a less noticeable spot to make sure it won't harm anything. ..Don

donr827

I used Goo Gone when I removed the plastic junk badges on my new truck. Worked just fine. A little polishing compound followed up with some wax and you would never know they were there. I'd try it first on a less noticeable spot to make sure it won't harm anything. ..Don

X2 Don

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There is a product that is sold by Home Depot. It is in the air refresher department. It is an orange fragrance and works great. They use that to get glue off shelf stickers at Home Depot. I think the citrus is what makes it work. Much cheaper than Goo Gone and much less work. Spray the sticker, let it soak in a couple of minutes and then use a plastic putty knife to remove the sticker. Spray as you remove as well. Then wash and polish the area. Dont let it run as it will remove the wax.

Oregon_Camper

Thanks for all the input. I decided to use Goof Off and it did a great job. Washed the area two times after using Goof Off and everything looks great.

Here is the before and after picture. The "before" image was blown up from another picture, so it is a bit fuzzy.

stickers.jpg

kkamshop

Congrats Toy1ton on your new Bighorn! We have been waiting all month to hear if you guys got it picked up. Hope you have lots of great camping trips and zero problems - why don't you bring it down to the Illinois rally next month? We would love to see it (and you)!!

- - - Updated - - -

A 3M decal eraser works great... I have used them several times on cars trucks boats and Rvs