Firestone Ride Rites

pitch black

thinking about going with firestone air bags. any pros or cons with them, from people that already have firestone bags on their rig? found them from summit racing for 239.00 anyone know of any better deals? thanks.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I installed mine last year and wished I had done it sooner. Very nice and welcome upgrade to our already awesome truck. Price sounds about what I paid for mine.

Good Luck,
Mark

bowtorc

We have used them for years and wouldn't be without them. The onboard compressor is also a nice addition

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
The Ride Rite not only level your headlight but create a great ride even without the rig attached. Bought mine last fall and am sure not sorry. The price seems about what I paid plus $60-$100 for install.
Fred

buckeyebob

air bags

i have a 2009 sundance 2900mk 8500 empty,tv is 2007 new style chevy duramax/allison crew cab 2500hd 6.5 ft box 1875 hitch wt.only towed it from the dealer home 70 miles.do i need air bags ?bob

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
i have a 2009 sundance 2900mk 8500 empty,tv is 2007 new style chevy duramax/allison crew cab 2500hd 6.5 ft box 1875 hitch wt.only towed it from the dealer home 70 miles.do i need air bags ?bob

Hook the truck up to the trailer...and hold the entire thing in front of the monitor...and then we might be able to tell you if it's sitting too low.:D

StevieWonder

I've had them on two different pickups (one Ford and one GMC) and I'd never do any serious towing without them.

vangoes

I installed the Timbren SES rubber springs on my truck. These eliminated any squatting that my truck was doing when hooked to the BH and they have relatively no effect (stiffness) when not hooked up. Even better, they cost less than half of what the air bags cost and I installed them in about twenty minutes. You can review them at Timbren.com.

talley

Pitch Back - I am installing a set on my 2006 Ford SD 4X4 today... will finish tomorrow and air 'em up for test drive. I bought them online at Adventurerv.net for $212...any model (mine is 2400). Attached is my reply to a post last week in the Camping Forum. An individual had posted a bad experence with this supplier.

Good Luck

NoneFirst time I used Adventure RV Center from the Internet... was somewhat concerned given the previously posted experience. Ordered Firestone Ride-Rite at $100 below anyother online pricing I could find. Ordered on morning of April 8th and received in afternoon of April 9th. Product in orginal Firestone packaging and is right model needed.

Item was shipped from a supplier other than Adventure RV Center (must have marketing agreement). At any rate I received the product as advertised, with fast delivery and at great price.

Can't ask for more than that... unless they would come by and install:D.

Hope the previous situation has been resolved, good luck!

timk

They do smooth up the ride. My theory is that they keep the rig up off the overloads.

jimtoo

I posted this earlier here in a thread about Riderites.

"I have a 04 GMC 3500 CC Dually. I have both Trailair Pin box and Firestone Riderite air bags. I orginally put the Trailair box on and it greatly improved the ride, but still had a lot of chucking, Trailair sent me another air bag for it, and it improved the chucking somewhat. Don't ask me why or how, but it did help some, at least the chucking that is left is tolorable. I was still getting a harsh bounce, banging or ride when hitting a bump or rough places in the road. With my 5er loaded and ready for the road, my truck was not touching the overload springs. It was about 1/2 to 1" from the overload spring brackets, so that when I hit the rough places, dips and such, I contacted the overloads and got a harsh bump. I installed the Firestone riderites and then I removed the overload spring brackets from the frame, easier than removing springs and changing "U" bolts. Now I carry about 25-30 lbs. air presure when loaded with 5er and I don't get the harsh banging and noise when hitting the bad spots in the road. The Ride rites are now my overloads. It still rides like it has 2700# in the bed, plus extra 60 gal fuel tank, but that is a fact, I do have that much in the bed. But the ride is greatly improved. Well worth the change to us."

Jim

I have the ride rite for about two years on my 3500 one ton diesel 3500 dodge. I noticed a little stiffer ride even with the bags set at min.of 5 lbs. I bought the ride rite because they use goodyear bags, I also put on the auto level always sets the the same even with my 3400 re hooked up. My friend has the firestone his truck rides softer with the firestone then mine,I think there both great units don,t think you can go wrong with either. Hope this helps. Good Luck & Happy camping Jim Thomas

Fishingicon

I have the Firestone Ride Rite and they do everything I had hoped in terms of supporting my truck and 5er!! I do find that if I ensure the bags are empty before I hitch or unhitch it makes it easier. Otherwise when I unhitch as I raise the 5er my truck bed raises as the weight lessens. Same for hitching, empty truck with bags blown up sits higher and I have to raise the 5er to get up to the hitch.