Drip pan not included in the after-purchase washer installation?

TxCowboy

Just got off the phone with the Service Dept at my local HL dealer. They are installing the washer/dryer tomorrow.

There is no drip pan / drain pan under the washing machine normally included as part of the installation? According to this guy at the Service Dept, no one has ever asked for this "option" (drip pan) before.

Is this guy BSing me or am I suffering from a Utopian perspective here?

(This is a stackable unit if that makes any difference.)

buddyboy

Apparently you entered the twilight zone when you weren't looking. Not having a drip pan is playing Russian roulette with your floor. Our dealer who installed our stackable didn't even ask us - it was done.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would insist on the pan, or get it in writing that water damage caused from any leak from the W/D will be covered 100% by the dealership.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Demand a pan and if they do not put one in, tell them to take it all out, and go to another dealer.

danemayer

According to this guy at the Service Dept, no one has ever asked for this "option" (drip pan) before.
That's silly. People who don't know don't ask. You know. You asked.

Drain pans with drain hoses terminating outside are part of the factory installed washer/dryer option.

The dealer should contact Heartland to inquire about how to install this correctly.

TxCowboy

Could someone with the washer/dryer installed please take a picture or two and post it here? I'm heading to the dealership in about a hour or so to do part of the PDI and they are supposed to be installing the washer, dryer, and dishwasher today.

I'd love to show this guy a picture so that he can see what I'm asking for.

Thanks!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
bad39d7c94a04313445b2b06e9b55e3f.jpg

Here is a picture of our drain pan.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TxCowboy

Cookie, does that actually drain somewhere, e.g., connected to a hose that drains out the bottom of the RV or is it just a drip pan / catch basin?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
a6047aacda93de091eb56ba968865a72.jpg

That drain pan has a fitting on the back side of it and the PEX that I used for a drain line runs under my dresser and out through the LP cabinet on the side of the coach.
The orientation of the drain can be changed by turning the pan. I chose to run mine out the back because that's where I had room for it.
Sorry about the quality of the pic.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TxCowboy

David and Mike, were those factory installed or did you have them installed when you bought the rig?

Dan, would you mind posting a pic of your drain/drip pan?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I added the drain pan myself, after the fact, and after I had a water leak from the water distribution assembly in the machine. My fault for not winterizing it properly. Unfortunately, I learned about the existence of drain pans sometime after the machine was installed. Truth be told, other than muscling the combo machine around in the front closet, installing the pan was pretty simple.

I ran the drain tube under the dresser and into the open battery/hydraulic compartment below it so it will drain directly to the ground. Had to cut the dust panel under the bottom dresser drawers to do it.

Last edited:

danemayer

David and Mike, were those factory installed or did you have them installed when you bought the rig?

Dan, would you mind posting a pic of your drain/drip pan?

Jeff,

Sorry, but I'm 500 miles away from the trailer right now. I think my drain is positioned at the front of the machine, on the outside wall. The drain hose goes through the same raceway as the water lines to the washer but eventually takes a turn downward and goes through the coroplast so any water would drain under the coach.

maddog

Huhmina ! Huhmina!
heartland put a drip pan in ours.............
Just got off the phone with the Service Dept at my local HL dealer. They are installing the washer/dryer tomorrow.

There is no drip pan / drain pan under the washing machine normally included as part of the installation? According to this guy at the Service Dept, no one has ever asked for this "option" (drip pan) before.

Is this guy BSing me or am I suffering from a Utopian perspective here?

(This is a stackable unit if that makes any difference.)

TxCowboy

Most of the postings and pics seem to be viewing the forward mounted washing machine. In the Key West, it's in the closet right next to the frid on the off-door side and just forward of the front axle.

The Service Tech that I mentioned in the OP states that he can't put a drain line in that location because it comes out on top of one of the gray water tanks and that he'd have to tap into that tank which is, in a single word, ridiculous.

If this washer had been installed at the factory, where would they run the drip pan drain line?

My instructions to this Service Tech is to make this look like an OEM installation. Guess I'll see next week when I go back to do more of the PDI.

Thanks for all of the comments.

TxCowboy

Seems to me you could run the hose for the pan almost anywhere.

And I would agree. But as this will be my first RV with a washing machine, I have exactly zero experience with this topic. I told the Service Tech what I wanted -- an OEM-type installation. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what he delivers.