LED Awning Lights

jimtoo

Hi Slebanc,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure they can be turned off, but how?? Do you have a remote for porch light or that controls any lights. It might be controlled by the remote. I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with more or better info for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Sleblanc

We have tried all of the light switches that are in the main panel as you walk in and do not have a remote that I have found yet. We are still learning things so Im hoping something turns up. I just can't believe that they have to stay on constantly when the awning is out.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
There is a separated 12V switch beside the control panel. It will turn on and off the LED awning lights, there is not a dimmer on it.

thanks,

AJ

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You can install this nice little gadget to take care of it all, but the has to be a on off switch somewhere. It does on, off, dim from 100% down to 25% and 8 ether modes flash, strobe, blink, and more.
7712d23ee553b8d9b3ec4c28ee2a6aed.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sleblanc

Thanks everyone. I did find the switch. It was actually right in front of me I was just afraid to switch it to the off position because I wasn't sure what it was for. Duh! Anyways I did get it. Thanks!

NH5er

I installed the dimmer switch that Jesstalkn suggested above. It really is a very easy and inexpensive ($14 with shipping) solution.
Jim

windviewer

I installed the dimmer switch that Jesstalkn suggested above. It really is a very easy and inexpensive ($14 with shipping) solution.
Jim

i did ours today with same switch. had to do it behind the on/off switch in our tt prowler. $24 including shipping to canada. no duties or brokerage since goods value < $20.

great device.

windviewer

good question. just went out and tested it. worked fine from over 40 feet away from the trailer, towards the back corner farthest from the switch.