2009 Cyclone 3210 ABS HitchCover

nvtahoe

I just picked up my unit about two weeks ago and drove it home about 550 miles. Well, about 200 miles into the trip, the ABS hitch cover broke at the screws that hold it into the underside of the rv. There are only two screws that are there, one on each side, and I did notice before it broke that there was a lot of movement from the air that hits the tailgate and then comes back into the underside of this cover. It is as if it needs some structural member across the back. Is anyone else having this issue? Also, is there a way that I can order cabinet doors for the open spaces in the kitchen that they deleted off of the 08/09 models. It is a complete waste of space, and a bit ridiculous that Heartland did not spend the extra money to keep those on there. Thank you.

truknutt

Committed Member
nvtahoe,

Congrats on the new Cyclone! We also have a 2009 3210 but, ours was built during the transition phase at the factory. We have the new front cap but not the rear one and don't have the hitch cover. I wondered what benefit it would provide; cosmetic, yes, aerodynamic..???

We also thought the cupboards needed doors so we had our dealer order them from the factory. Unfortunately I asked for 4 small doors to cover the 2 openings. What I got was 4 BIG doors that EACH cover the openings! Hate using a middle man and the telephone! We have numerous Mennonite cabinetmakers in the area so I will just use one of them.

We had to supply the size of the cupboard opening and the stain color of existing cabinets. If you chose to go this route, you need to ask for the hardware (we got hinges & screw but no knobs) and reiterate the 4 small door issue.

Also, YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH A DEALER.

I have been adding my personal touches as I am sure you will. We purchased struts for the UDC compartment door, a magazine rack/TP holder from the 2007 models (they call it cherry but it matches the shelf above the commode) and a pair of LED brake lights so I will have 4 on the rear; 2 low and 2 up high. We won't install a washer so I ordered a removeable sink (from the bigger models) and am plumbing it into the washer hookups with quick-disconnects. We are mounting the external ladder inside using the example posted by Goldwingers.

Have fun and enjoy your new rig.

Hi htneighbors,

If you have the Trail-Air or Mor-Ride the cover will not work/fit. My 09 came with the Trail Air, so no cover. The unit sitting next to mine (also a 09) did have a cover, but no air hitch).

Rock On...

PS: Nice set up!