Air Conditioner in bedroom

SAL7187

Does anyone know what size the optional ac unit for the front bedroom on the cyclone is? Also is this already prewired to just remove the vent and install the ac unit.Thinking of just doing this myself. Thanks in advance

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I believe you have to specify pre-wired for 2nd AC. Mine came with it installed - 13,500 BTU. Too cold to use the AC as of yet, but I would think it would sure cool down the bedroom! :) Enjoy the Cyclone! I'm loving mine!

Loco

all Cyclones come with wiring for AC in Bed room. Our has it. I plan on adding unit this summer to ours.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We have a Bighorn 3400 that was wired for the bedroom AC.

I believe that most of the Heartland units are wired for a second AC in the bedroom.

When we bought our Bighorn, our dealer installed a Duo-Therm Penguin (low profile) Model 59516.331. It is a 15k AC. Here in Texas we used it the other day and it cooled the bedroom down to 67 degrees. I think it is a little noisy and the compressor will cut off when the room is brought down to 65 deg. The thermostat is built into the unit rather than mounted on the wall some where.

http://www.dometicusa.com/pdf/3109270.060.pdf

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Like Loco said I believe they now all come pre wired for second A/C, 13,500 btu. You will enjoy having it when the weather gets hot. Only problem we have encountered is that it is too noisy for Sheri and myself to sleep with it on but at night we find it cools down enough that we can turn it off and the main unit cools it down nicely at night

sealman

I believe the Landmark, Bighorn, and Cyclone come pre-wired; but the Sundance is not because it is wired with only a 30amp shore line. As far as the Big Country I do not know. We put the 15K Dometic in the bedroom and it helps on the inital cool down. Our Bighorn is kept on the lake front with the livingroom at the waters edge facing west, so it warms up pretty good in the afternoon.
John

donabel

I had the low profile penguin with heat strip put in mine. I use the heat strip more than the A/C. At least this time of year.
The low profile unit is wider and not really much lower. Make sure that it doesn't cover your TV antenna, or you won't be able to raise it.

Learning slowly (1 jar of vasaline at a time),
Don

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Went through the factory tour for the Sundance just last monday and they told us all Sundances are now wired for second air in bedroom. Don't know how long they have been doing this but we 2were told everything coming off the line at present has it.

Don