Valor TPMS

busted2341

Is there anyone that has had luck with the Valor TPMS. I purchased this option on my Land Mark and have tried to make it work for the last 3 months. It reads 1 tire on axle 1 and all zeros on the other tire and axle. Then it will read all zeros for all four tires or read 1 tire on the other axle (2) while showing all zeros for the other three. The Temp always varies so not sure what that is. I have read the limited book/instructions and tried a reset with no luck. This one item has kept me Very frustrated. As for the price and option, had I known this was so complicated I would have just forgone the option and bought one that just uses the valve stem sensor. Anyone help?

Last edited by a moderator:

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Is there anyone that has had luck with the Valor TPMS. I purchased this option on my Land Mark and have tried to make it work for the last 3 months. It reads 1 tire on axle 1 and all zeros on the other tire and axle. Then it will read all zeros for all four tires or read 1 tire on the other axle (2) while showing all zeros for the other three. The Temp always varies so not sure what that is. I have read the limited book/instructions and tried a reset with no luck. This one item has kept me Very frustrated. As for the price and option, had I known this was so complicated I would have just forgone the option and bought one that just uses the valve stem sensor. Anyone help?

busted2341 -- I have the same problem with my new coach and the valor tpms. My old coach, no problem, but since I bought our Landmark in February, I have not been able to get the tpms to work properly. Just like you, it will read on tire and not the others, then switch which tire it is reading. Most of the time I just get 0.00 presure readings, then all of a sudden I'll get a reading and the alarm goes off because of the "drastic" change in pressure - from zero to whatever. Very frustrating. Mostly now, I just leave the darn thing off because I tried everything to get it to work, but to no avail.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life

busted2341 -- I have the same problem with my new coach and the valor tpms. My old coach, no problem, but since I bought our Landmark in February, I have not been able to get the tpms to work properly. Just like you, it will read on tire and not the others, then switch which tire it is reading. Most of the time I just get 0.00 presure readings, then all of a sudden I'll get a reading and the alarm goes off because of the "drastic" change in pressure - from zero to whatever. Very frustrating. Mostly now, I just leave the darn thing off because I tried everything to get it to work, but to no avail.

Why don't you both contact the Mfg and ask for help thru them. Pretty sure they would be glad to help.

Larry&LyndaSmith

Past New Mexico Chapter Leaders
Call Don Rigby at Valor 734-634-3278. He sent me a new antenna & explained the best setup. Very helpful and quick to respond.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

busted2341

Ya, he sent me the antenna first thing 3 months ago and I hhave been emailing him...I hope he can explain what I can do next...Installation was all done at professional install...

- - - Updated - - -

I have been emailing Don back and forth. My last email verified with him the antenna was properly installed.....Hoping he comes up with some sort of solution....

klindgren

I talked with Don at Goshen in June. We determined I have the correct set-up, but I still can't get mine to work properly. I've tried resetting the receiver several times but to no avail.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
I have been using the Valor system on my Key Largo for 2 years w/o any issues once I installed the extended antenna. I recently added the Valor system to my TV, Ford F350 DRW, and have had zero problems. I have always had good service from Don and the MFG. My first response other than calling Don is that it sounds like your still too far from the sending units and that is causing the drop out. Now that is just my opinion for that was my issue which was corrected with an extended antenna. My antenna hangs down from my hitch receiver under my rear bumper.

Bryced15

We have the same problems expressed above. The system has never worked since new. I have the extension, and the antenna is mounted to the bottom of my hitch receiver under my rear bumper. I too have resorted to leaving it turned off, and wish in hindsight I had left this expensive option off of the build.

Valor-Don

Hi Everyone. I apologize for the delay in responding but was having computer issues over the weekend. I also apologize for any issue you may be having with your Valor TPMS System. What I have read is an intermittent dropping of sensor readings and normally this is caused by an antenna issue. If you have not updated your antenna to the one-piece 8M Antenna with coax cable, please let me know and I will have one sent to you immediately. If you have updated to the new antenna, please be sure the physical antenna is located under your 2" received pointing straight down. If you are still experiencing the failure, please disconnect from your coach and back up to the door on your coach. This will put the antenna very close to your axles. If you get all 4 readings and they maintain, then you have an interference between the axles and the truck. If necessary, I will be glad to send you a diagnostic tool to check the sensors. I will also send a return shipping label so you can return the tool after we fix the issue.

I also want to thank those who came to my rescue and recommended calling me. I look forward to hearing from those who are dissatisfied and hope to rectify the issue. I take it personal that my system does not work and want to fix it.

Don Rigby
(734) 634-3278
don.rigby@valortpms.com

busted2341

First let me say Don has been responsive and as helpful as he can from 1500 miles away. That said, I still need to call him to help with the smartool. Between not wanting to bother him on a weekend and my hours, we are still trying to connect. However my frustration level has exceeded my ability to think!...If any one is thinking of buying this, don't waste the money. There are no real directions with the system at all. I can't even figure out how to set the time and date with the thing. I am not a stupid guy, work in the IT world with networking and computers so I though I could figure it out. NO WAY!...There is no one locally that knows anything about this system, which is also no help. I will update after I finally can call Don. Hopefully he can walk me through it...

busted2341

Ok..Thanx Jim for the instruction sheet on the tool. I now know that all four sensors are working. Now to figure out why I can't get it to work on the monitor in the truck...

Attachments

• 20150927_102734.jpg
    20150927_102734.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 20150927_103018.jpg
    20150927_103018.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 20150927_103139.jpg
    20150927_103139.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 20150927_103255.jpg
    20150927_103255.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 32

dasmoeturhead

Mine has never worked right. I was sent the longer antenna and cable. I've had 5 false positive alarms, and usually at least one sensor doesn't read or both wheels on the same axle don't read, I usually get this (--- --- ---). I have the antenna pointed dowm, and on the bottom of the receiver hitch.

klindgren

Don,

I haven't tried the "backing up to the door" routine, but I'll give that a try within the next week or so (as soon as it quits raining long enough). I have the one-piece antenna and it is sitting on my trailer hitch so I can't get it any further back on the truck than it is. I'll let you know what I find out once I can get my truck around back to the camper.

EPaulikonis

There's a Valor TPMS user manual on this site in Heartland Owner's Manual.

I'll also echo that Don has done an exceptional job trying to help me get the system running at peak performance on my rig. He stopped at my home in OH at 8:00PM on his way from Nashville, TN to his home office. Now that's customer service. Thanks again Don!

I've been moving the Valor TPMS antenna to different locations to try and get a better lock. I usually had times during travel where one or the other rear tire on the trailer reads "--- --- ---" on almost every trip. I added my drop-down hitch into the receiver and put the antenna on the bottom of that and it's getting better reception. I only put the antenna in that position when I'm actively towing. I'll move it to a parallel position, tucked up behind the bumper when the trailer isn't hooked up to keep from damaging it.

First let me say Don has been responsive and as helpful as he can from 1500 miles away. That said, I still need to call him to help with the smartool. Between not wanting to bother him on a weekend and my hours, we are still trying to connect. However my frustration level has exceeded my ability to think!...If any one is thinking of buying this, don't waste the money. There are no real directions with the system at all. I can't even figure out how to set the time and date with the thing. I am not a stupid guy, work in the IT world with networking and computers so I though I could figure it out. NO WAY!...There is no one locally that knows anything about this system, which is also no help. I will update after I finally can call Don. Hopefully he can walk me through it...

busted2341

Don has been on the phone with me trying to figure out where MY problem is. After we couldn't get it, he wanted to run this buy engineers and agreed to call me back. As promised, he called back and at this point determined it might be the receiver. Don immediate put one in the mail...Look forward to getting it and seeing if my problem is fixed. Hope so...Thanx Don...

Will update soon..

GOTTOYS

Wouldn't it just be easier to put on a Pressure Pro or TST system and be done with it? Sometimes this trying to make things work can get pretty frustrating. Great customer service still doesn't take away the sting of a poor product......Don

busted2341

Never got it to work so I had an adjustment. getting the TST system....Don and Valor were great trying to get it to work but it just wouldn't so they wanted it all back to investigate. I just ran out f time and patience....