Fan sound from fuse box

Bekstam

We are getting what sounds like a fan sound from the fuse box. It kicks on sometimes when the sink light is on and runs even when the light is off. We just switched the sink light on and the sound started again.

jimtoo

Hi Bekstam,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

You don't have listed as to what unit you have, but I am guessing most likely you are hearing the converter for the 12v system and charging the battery. I think most have a fan built in. And some units have a fan behind the fridge to help circulate the air behind the fridge and make cooling better and more efficient.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

what year make and model?
we have a 2009 315 bunkhouse Sundance 5th wheel (new to us) and noticed the same thing. only when i turn on my exterior and kitchen lights for some reason.
i am getting ready to install a hard wired EMS 30 amp surge protector this weekend and also noticed the wiring has been seperated with the white wire and red wires going to 2 different locations.

Last edited: