Bed covers when Not towing a 5er

Diamondjim

Wondering what kind of enclosure you have when not towing a 5th wheel. Taking possession of a RAM2500 in 10 days. Will a trifold style be out of the way while towing a Greystone 32TRL?
Will be used everyday, would like to keep things neat. Wife wants some place to stow vittles!
Thanks in advance.;)

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Been using a trifold for 4 years. Works great. I have an 8' bed so no interference at all. Very easy to remove also. Fit my budget.

Tundra2084

We have Extang Trifold tannou cover and love it. Easy to remove but not hard to reattach. Easier than the roll up tonneau and a little more secure. We have used it on 3 trucks with the V gate and now with the stock tailgate. Highly recommend.
Also have been using it on our 6.5ft bed and never had a problem with it hitting the pinbox and allows for covered front storage when folded towards the front of truck even when towing.

Mburtsvt

I went with the roll up kind because it rolled up past my external fuel tank in the bed. The tank does not go over the rails so the roll up fits perfectly.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
There are several brands/types. I really like my BakFlip. BakFlip has folding and roll up hard covers.. Www.bakflip.com

[Second the BakFlip! I have had it on my last 3 Ram's and just put it on my 2016. They work great, not completely water proof, you may get a dribble here and there, but have never had any problems with it.]

Bones

I use the roll up kind because I can use the full bed. I also want to point out that a tri fold may block your rear view when not sitting on the bed.

jnbhobe

I use the 4 section Advance Cover from Michigan,I have had both models short bed and 8 ft bed. Always get good service from them and they are strong enough to walk on.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
I have used Roll-N-Lock covers on my last two trucks, The covers are aluminum interlocked slats that roll up below the top of the bed.

Westwind

I am on my second TruXedo Duece and TruXedo Duece 2 on my current truck. What I originally liked was the front of the cover flipped back at the half way in order to give you access to the front of the bed or roll up the entire extent of the bed. I have a Hensley Trailer Saver BD3 hitch and I like to be able to cover the air bags and keep the sun away from them.
I also thought at the time that I would get a second auxiliary tank and I felt that the front flip feature would help me get to the tank to fill it.

My first was purchased in 2011 and the second in 2014 and I have had no complaints of the quality of the cover including the new one.

MCTalley

I have used Roll-N-Lock covers on my last two trucks, The covers are aluminum interlocked slats that roll up below the top of the bed.

Same here. When we bought our previous truck (used) it already had a Roll-N-Lock cover on it. We liked it so much (and saw how expensive they were) so we transferred it to our current truck when we bought it. If I had to guess, it's probably six or seven years old (at least four, as we bought our previous truck in July, 2011 and the cover already had a couple years wear on it).

Wmnmy

I have the extang tri-fold love had one on three trucks and I have a 45 gallon auxiliary fuel tank no problems towing fifth wheel .

Bones

I haven't see any pictures so I though a picture might help you. This is what I did with my old cover from my other truck. I found a used tool box and put it up front and made a spacer to fill the gap and used my truXedo cover from my 6.4 bed with slight modification. My cover will only roll up one way
IMG_20150827_160401.jpg

A close up of my spacer

IMG_20150827_160409.jpg

Diamondjim

WOW! Thank you so much for the input. Didn't mention that it was a quad cab, but it looks like we got the subject covered. ;~)

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I am on my second TruXedo Duece and TruXedo Duece 2 on my current truck. What I originally liked was the front of the cover flipped back at the half way in order to give you access to the front of the bed or roll up the entire extent of the bed. I have a Hensley Trailer Saver BD3 hitch and I like to be able to cover the air bags and keep the sun away from them.
I also thought at the time that I would get a second auxiliary tank and I felt that the front flip feature would help me get to the tank to fill it.

My first was purchased in 2011 and the second in 2014 and I have had no complaints of the quality of the cover including the new one.

I had the TruXedo Duece on my last truck, but went with the TruXedo Lo-Pro on my current truck. While I liked the Duece, I didn't like the fact that it was not lockable. With the Lo-Pro, the cover is locked when I lock my tailgate. I also like the roll-up feature of the TruXedo.

Bohemian

Extang Solid Fold, a trifold c over.

Super easy to install. No mounting fixtures. No drilling. 4 easy to use clamps. If you tailgater locks, you are locked up. Rock solid strong.