Line of Duty Death

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Our prayers go out to Harris County Sheriff Deputy Darren Goforth, a 10 year veteran, was shot and killed in the line of duty yesterday night (about 830pm). Deputy Goforth was pumping gas at a Chevron gas station into his marked patrol unit in full uniform when a suspect came up from behind and shot Deputy Goforth multiple times. The suspect kept shooting until he killed Deputy Goforth. It was a cowardly execution style act. A suspect was arrested early this morning. The Deputies' death happen in northwest Harris County Texas outside the Houston City limits.

Please keep the Goforth family in your prayers.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Rest in peace my brother! Our thoughts and prayers go out to your loved ones! Thank you for giving the ultimate sacrifice, even if it was from a cowardly act such as this!

Rod

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We heard about this last night Jim. We are burying a local State Trooper that was shot in the face last Sunday and then Thursday there was another deputy killed in line of duty in Lafayette area. What is the world coming to? I have many friends in law enforcement and I can not believe what their families must go through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lynn1130

"I am the Officer"
I have been where you fear to be,
I have seen what you fear to see,
I have done what you fear to do -
All these things I have done for you.
I am the person you lean upon,
The one you cast your scorn upon,
The one you bring your troubles to -
All these people I've been for you.
The one you ask to stand apart,
The one you feel should have no heart,
The one you call "The Officer in Blue,"
But I'm just a person, just like you.
And through the years I've come to see,
That I am not always what you ask of me;
So, take this badge ... take this gun ...
Will you take it ... will anyone?
And when you watch a person die
And hear a battered baby cry,
Then do you think that you can be
All these things you ask of me?
(Author unknown)

'Lil Guy'

Sad day in this world. You couldn't pay me enough to do their job. Only appreciated when needed. Being a member of the 100 Club, we'll be making a donation to the family.
Our prayers are with the family of HSD Goforth.

Wmnmy

"i am the officer"
i have been where you fear to be,
i have seen what you fear to see,
i have done what you fear to do -
all these things i have done for you.
i am the person you lean upon,
the one you cast your scorn upon,
the one you bring your troubles to -
all these people i've been for you.
the one you ask to stand apart,
the one you feel should have no heart,
the one you call "the officer in blue,"
but i'm just a person, just like you.
and through the years i've come to see,
that i am not always what you ask of me;
so, take this badge ... Take this gun ...
Will you take it ... Will anyone?
and when you watch a person die
and hear a battered baby cry,
then do you think that you can be
all these things you ask of me?
(author unknown)
amen....RIP Sir.....

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I've been reading about this incident and am glad to hear that the suspect is in custody. I hope that your family can find some peace and comfort in these trying times for them. RIP Deputy Goforth. Gone but not forgotten.

I read earlier today that 22 Law Enforcement Officers have died in the line of duty this year. It is a bad time to be a Police Officer, Trooper or Deputy Sheriff. If you are an active duty officer or if a friend or family member is working for a Police agency, please be careful out there!

jmgratz

Update: Late this afternoon (Sat) the suspect, a 45 year old Black male, was charged with Capital Murder. The Sheriff in his press conference said they found the gun on the suspect and ballistics matched it to the one used in the killing. The Sheriff said at this time it appears the Deputy was killed just because he was a Law Enforcement Officer in uniform. All you LEO's out there and even you retired ones be careful out there.

pegmikef

Rest in peace Deputy Goforth and thank you for your service and devotion to duty. Our prayers are with the family.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Here is a statistic that I not proud to repeat but it goes to show that there is a real problem somewhere. Texas and Louisiana lead the entire nation so far this year in LEO's being killed in the line of duty. Our prayers go out to all who wear the badge as well as the families that stand with them.

csms

Sad week. 6 officers were lost this last week in a 5 day span. We need to start respecting this men and women. Many prays to all of this family that gets very little respect.

jmgratz

Here is a statistic that I not proud to repeat but it goes to show that there is a real problem somewhere. Texas and Louisiana lead the entire nation so far this year in LEO's being killed in the line of duty. Our prayers go out to all who wear the badge as well as the families that stand with them.

I know and it is a very sad statistic. I think it is time to do like Harris County Ron Hickman said in his press conference "I think it is time we stop with the qualifiers and start believing that All Life Matters". Amen to that. LEOs everywhere have a very difficult job to do that most are not willing to do and they deserve the honor and respect for that. We may not like an action they are required to take but we must thank them for the job they do. God Bless those that serve and the sacrifice they (and their families) make.