Where to connect the Solar panel ?

fishn2dmax

I bought an 80 watt solar panel and plan to mount it on my 2900 MK roof. On my previous 5'er, I ran the solar panel wiring down through the fridge roof vent down to the rear of the fridge side access cover. I mounted the charge controller next to the fridge electronics and tied into the 12 Volt system there.

The 2900 MK fridge is on the kitchen slide and does not have a roof vent. Where is the best place to bring the roof solar panel wiring into the coach ?

timk

If your not opposed to using a drill, put it anywhere. Just get a waterproof junction box, seal it down and drill thru the bottom of the box. If your not into holes you can get in thru any plumbing vent. I'll see if I can find pictures.
TimK

timk

Found one. Sorry its not great, but you can see the junction box just in front of the skylight.

Attachments

• solar.jpg
    solar.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 166

SmokeyBare

Look for a plumbing vent... If Your lucky, and get one that comes out inside the basement... that may be a good place to consider running the wires.

Once you get the wires into the basement... you should be able to route them to the battery. Keep in mind not all vents on the roof are plumbing vents.

Marv

Pulltab

The plumbing vent is what I did. Works great. Just drill the hole and use a fish tape, seal hole with silicone when done.