Blue Bell is back

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Blue Bell ice cream returns tomorrow Aug 31st. WAHOO!!!!!! I have been waiting to be able to replenish our supply of Vanalla which is the first flavor to go on sale. Most stores will be limiting quantities for the first few days.;););););););););)

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I'm wondering what happened to Blue Bunny ice cream? It is my favorite and I think it got swept up in the whole "Blue" frenzy.

It's been abundant in most stores for years. Now all of a sudden most stores where I have always bought have stopped carrying it.
Only answer is, supplier doesn't carry it anymore. Trace

jimtoo

Blue Bell had a problem in one of the plants, North Carolina I think, and some folks got sick, think 3 died. So they voluntarily shut all their plants down for a complete clean and redo. They have been down about 5-6 months now and have just started back in production. They recalled all ice cream that was in stores when they shut down.. Can you imagine the cost and how much they lost during this shut down.

Jim M

jmgratz

Blue Bunny is still in stores. As a matter of fact the shelf space Blue Bell occupied was taken over by Blue Bunny at the Wal-Mart stores we shop at. As far as Blue Bell is concerned there was some defective product discovered that has (I think) Wisteria virus in it. There were two plants that made the tainted product (one was in NC). There were several people that became ill after eating the affected product. Blue Bell voluntarily shut down and pulled all their product from the market while they completed sanitized all of 3 of their plants. Then after that was finished they received clearance from the health departments so they could begin production. The North Carolina plant was allowed to begin production. Soon the main plant in Brenham Tx will begin production again.

dlw930

A total of 10 people with listeriosis related to this outbreak were reported from 4 states: Arizona (1), Kansas (5), Oklahoma (1), and Texas (3). All ill people were hospitalized. Three deaths were reported from Kansas (3).
On April 20, 2015, Blue Bell Creameries voluntarily recalled all of its products currently on the market made at all of its facilities, including ice cream, frozen yogurt, sherbet, and frozen snacks.

The first listeria infected products were discovered in South Carolina but were produced in the Brenham, TX plant. The first deaths were in KS from products originating from the OK plant. The 3rd plant is in Alabama.

Yes, Blue Bell will be back in stores eventually so Texans (both native-born, and honorary, like me) will quit whining and all will once more be right with the world!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmgratz

A total of 10 people with listeriosis related to this outbreak were reported from 4 states: Arizona (1), Kansas (5), Oklahoma (1), and Texas (3). All ill people were hospitalized. Three deaths were reported from Kansas (3).
On April 20, 2015, Blue Bell Creameries voluntarily recalled all of its products currently on the market made at all of its facilities, including ice cream, frozen yogurt, sherbet, and frozen snacks.

The first listeria infected products were discovered in South Carolina but were produced in the Brenham, TX plant. The first deaths were in KS from products originating from the OK plant. The 3rd plant is in Alabama.

Yes, Blue Bell will be back in stores eventually so Texans (both native-born, and honorary, like me) will quit whining and all will once more be right with the world!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for clearing that up. Didn't have all of the counts and spelled the 'bug' wrong. But am looking forward to getting some 'real' ice cream again. For those who have never tried Blue Bell you don't know what you are missing.