We finally got it!!!!

CGibson

Our new 3400RE arrived today. Here is a picture of it hitched up and ready to go.

NewRig.jpg

Niles

Looks great and welcome!! Looks like the weather is getting better as the snow is about gone. Was wandering about the flashing light on top of the truck though, is that a snow package?:D

truknutt

Committed Member
Yea, Gibson Family!

You've waited a long time for the BH so I hope everything is okay with it after its journey!

The worst news now would be that you get Orders to PCS to Japan or Guam; don't think you'll find a transport service to help you out there!!!

Again, it's great that you are finally united.

CGibson

Looks great and welcome!! Looks like the weather is getting better as the snow is about gone. Was wandering about the flashing light on top of the truck though, is that a snow package?:D

that is actually a red sign that was behind the truck. The land behind it there belongs to the school district and it is one of the no drugs or firearms signs. I didn't notice that when I took the picture. :eek:

CGibson

Yea, Gibson Family!

You've waited a long time for the BH so I hope everything is okay with it after its journey!

The worst news now would be that you get Orders to PCS to Japan or Guam; don't think you'll find a transport service to help you out there!!!

Again, it's great that you are finally united.

:DThank goodnes my husband starts his terminal leave for retirement the 23rd of October so no danger of that, but that would really stink. The 5er looks great after coming so far, just a few things like the pocket door off of the track, but nothing that isn't easily fixable. Nothing that we have to take it into the dealer for. We were very pleased with the condition it was in except there are two of our stripes on one of the slides that is peeling, but that isn't the transport drivers fault.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Welcome Gibson Family.. Hope you like your3400RE as much as I like our 3400RE.
I was in Japan and Guam in the mid 60's. Retirement and a Bighorn is much better.

F250Bighorn3400RE.jpg

truknutt

Committed Member
Bobcat,

That's an awesome water pump & tank you have there. Do you strap that on top of the BH or is there room inside the cargo compartment?

Actually that is a real nice photo of your rig with a goodlooking backdrop.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Good looking setup!! I'v read some of your post and know it's been a long wait glad things work out!! Happy Camping

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Well done Gibsons. Now all you need is a Motosat HD5LB satellite and you will be in business. We love our 3400RE and hope you enjoy yours as well. That fireplace was a great addition. Just watch for the backwhip around turns. Jim B suggested rotochocks for the unstableness when parked and we are getting ready to order ours. That way you will know when the earthquakes are real!

sgtbigb

3400re

We have an 08 3400 re, Really enjoy it. The washer and dryer space is perfect for an freezer sold by sears.Works nicely for extended stay trips.None

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Bobcat,

That's an awesome water pump & tank you have there. Do you strap that on top of the BH or is there room inside the cargo compartment?

Actually that is a real nice photo of your rig with a goodlooking backdrop.

Truknutt
Actually I usually fold it up and put it in the bed of the truck. I always like fresh water and did not want to install a water filter. :D

This is a great place outside of Kerrville TX. Buckhorn RV Resort. A number of friends get together for a Sweetheart Rally in February every year. We have a lot of fun. If you or anyone else is interested keep an eye out for the thread on RV.net or you might check this URL out around the first of every year... http://www.rvrally.net/

I am looking forward to the up coming Heartland rally at Raford Crossing on the 18th.

CGibson

Thank you all for the congrats. We got all the road dirt washed off and put most of the stuff in it and then took it out to our storage spot. My dh said it towed great and he made it into our storage spot on the first try. We plan to take it out this weekend for the maiden voyage. I will take inside pictures of it then.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi Gene,
My wife uses the back closet, so all my clothes are hung up in that nice little laundry prep room. If we ever go fulltiming, I might utilize that room as u do, or actually get a washer/dryer combination.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Congratulations on the new addition and welcome to the family. That is one nice looking rig, I hope you have many years of enjoyment. We are just starting our new life in our Landmark and are in Elkhart IN. at present getting some work done on the trailer and hope to be out of here by mid week and on our way to Montana. Ya-hoooooo

Don

CGibson

We had a great time on our maiden voyage this weekend and my husband has been booking more places all day today. We will be all over Alaska this summer.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Check out the Rec Camp in Seward. Good people great fishing. Lived there 2 years wonderful place.

CGibson

We love Seward, if we could live there, I think we might stay up here. We are going to Seward on May 16 for the waterfront area. We also like to stay at Stoney Creek Campground. We didn't like the Air Force place as we felt the sites were too close together and that was when we were in a pop-up. We never stayed in an RV at the Army Rec place but have stayed in one of their townhouses.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
When I was there, there were no condos. Just quanset huts from WWII. Man it was a blast! I was the town scoutmaster. When you go there, head in to the Seward Bakery. Pretty good breakfast. Probably a lot more places to eat there.

Did you see a drive in called "Bubba's"? They were the only place you didn't have to get out to order...their cheeseburgers were so greasy my pitbull wouldn't eat it. Seriously, I had to squeeze it to get all the grease out...and he ate it then. This coming from a dog who loved to chew on rocks!!!