Condensation on exterior

slaytop

When I observe the exterior of my Landmark in the morning it is coated with dew or condensation. The outline of the aluminum studs inside the walls is very easy to see. Is there a possibility that condensation is also forming in the aluminum framing? Is there any chance that the moisture will cause long-term problems in the walls?

The trailer is parked at this time and is not heated or ventilated.
Larry

BigBlue

BigBlue
Wow, good question. I haven't noticed it on ours yet. I hope there is somebody who can answer your question.

BluegrassMan

Condensation ?

Hi All:
I don't know for sure if our Landmarks have this or not. Some manifacturer's put wood inside the aluminum structure (This was a selling point with Golden Falcon).
That being said, if the framework is EMPTY in the chanel the temperature will change at a different rate than the INSULATED areas causing condensation to form showing the ribs.
I have vinyl siding on a small garage, in the mornings I can see exactly where the furring strips are under the siding.
DENNY

ddj

I have a 05 grand canyon and can't keep the heat in, the furnace comes on every 8 minutes in 45 degree weather. They told me this was afour season coach!

co4me

Hi ddj,

I have the same problem with my Golden Gate and also had it with my prior Montana. We spent the winter in Golden, CO 2 years ago and all our neighbors, whether they had high end motorhomes or 5th wheels, were challenged to keep their RV's warm. The most successful ones had skirts made that hung to the ground and kept the underneath of the trailer warmer which helped with the heating effort.

Bill
co4me