ATF: Landmark - Older tv in new Ashland

dana22

I was wondering.....is it customary for Heartland to install a 2014 LG television in a 2016 Ashland? This tv has only one free HDMI plug in on the rear. I don't understand why a 2 year old LG tv was put in there with a Samsung sound bar! Everyone knows that components should be compatible.......LG with LG and Samsung with Samsung. We have to use more remotes than was necessary. Plus, I am still trying to hook up my tv to my satellite box without having to drill a hole into the floor of the cabinet to run the HDMI cable. It bugs me that an older tv is in this brand new unit. It just doesn't seem right.....when a customer special orders a new 2016 Ashland, they expect 2016 appliances, not 2 year old equipment, whether the warranty is good or not. All tvs now have at least 3 HDMI hook ups even the cheapies and it bothers me to pay that much for something snd have outdated appliances.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sounds like the original Tv may have been removed, and another put in its place. I would contact Heartland customer service and have your VIN handy, they can tell you what was originally installed when the unit was built. 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It is common for dealers to swap out Televisions and other parts between units. For example - A customer comes in with a defective TV. They take a TV from a unit on the lot to replace the customers. They then have a TV sitting around their parts department and they stick it in the unit they 'robbed' the TV from. When a customer buys that RV they are stuck with the old part. So I would do like the above poster suggested and contact Heartland Customer Service and find out why TV was shipped with your unit. Have your VIN handy when you call.

danemayer

2016 trailers came out in Spring of 2015. The engineering and procurement work was done in advance of release. If procurement set the contracts in place in late 2014, it's certainly possible that they spec'd what was in the market at that time.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I did find a video describing a 2015 Ashland, and mentioning the LG brand TV. I would check the sticker on the outside of your rig for the manufacture date, to see when it was actually built.

dana22

We special ordered this Landmark to our specifications. It was built this summer. We took posession in July 2015.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if this was so, why didn't they use an LG sound bar instead of a Samsung so they would go together?

Kenneths

I have a 2015 Landmark Newport and it has the LG TV and Samsung sound bar and DVD player also, I think all of them I have looked at had the same so I don't think anything was swapped. I do wish all of the components were the same for the ease of remotes.

Regarding the HDMI port, you should have a receptacle with for an HDMI to plug into in the upper left cabinet over the TV, assuming it is the same as the Newport so you do not need to drill anything.

TxCowboy

Our 2015 Key West has the LG TV and Samsung sound bar & DVD player as well. The outdoor TV is a 2014 model but don't recall which brand, same as the television in the bedroom.

EDIT: Sorry for the late update on this thread. My 2015 Key West has one 47 inch LG in the living room, one 32 inch LG television in the bedroom, and another 32 inch installed outside on the dining room slide. All three models are 2014 products. The 32 inch LG televisions that were installed new in February 2015 are now discontinued by LG.

Last edited:

dana22

I have a 2015 Landmark Newport and it has the LG TV and Samsung sound bar and DVD player also, I think all of them I have looked at had the same so I don't think anything was swapped. I do wish all of the components were the same for the ease of remotes.

Regarding the HDMI port, you should have a receptacle with for an HDMI to plug into in the upper left cabinet over the TV, assuming it is the same as the Newport so you do not need to drill anything.

Do you have a satellite box? If so, how do you hook it up using the hdmi plug ins? In this Ashland, there is an hdmi plug behind the tv. I thought if I plugged the hdmi from the tv into that plug and then plugged the hdmi cable from the satellite box into the wall hdmi plug in it would be like a full connection for it r pleasto work. But it doesn't. I don't know what else to try. Something must not be connected or I am doing it wrong.

Kenneths

Do you have a satellite box? If so, how do you hook it up using the hdmi plug ins? In this Ashland, there is an hdmi plug behind the tv. I thought if I plugged the hdmi from the tv into that plug and then plugged the hdmi cable from the satellite box into the wall hdmi plug in it would be like a full connection for it r pleasto work. But it doesn't. I don't know what else to try. Something must not be connected or I am doing it wrong.

All I did was connect the HDMI from my satellite receiver to the HDMI receptacle in the cabinet, then changed the input on the tv to that HDMI port. Everything works fine. Sorry I am not around my RV or I could take pictures for you.

danemayer

Here's a LM365 picture from an early June build.

The factory is placing a BluRay player over the TV with HDMI plugged into the TV.

The connector plates in the entertainment center should also be pre-wired to the TV. The wall plate provides a 2nd HDMI connector that can be used for satellite. The AVI connectors should also be pre-wired to the TV.

Attachments

• Ent Center Wiring Annotated.jpg
    Ent Center Wiring Annotated.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 81

dana22

Well, thanks for the advice, but it doesn't work. The only way I can use the satellite is to hook the hdmi cable directly from the satellite box to the tv. I am usually a good problem solver when it comes to hooking up components but not with this.

Kenneths

Well, thanks for the advice, but it doesn't work. The only way I can use the satellite is to hook the hdmi cable directly from the satellite box to the tv. I am usually a good problem solver when it comes to hooking up components but not with this.

Not sure what the problem is then unless you have a bad cable. When you press input on your LG remote are you seeing the 2 different HDMI ports? Did you try switching the HDMI cables on the TV to see if one or the other is the problem.

dana22

There is only 1 hdmi port that is open to use. The second one must be for the dvd player. I have tried 2 hdmi cables with the same result. There is only the HDMI 1 highlighted when I use the remote and I am plugged into that directly from the box in order to watch sat. tv.

Kenneths

The second will only highlight if there is something plugged into it and turned on. Try plugging your sat receiver into the wall jack and powering it up then check to see if you can select the other HDMI.

gandmrv

All the tv's in my 2016 key west are LG. The big living room unit is a smart tv, but other 2 are cheaper and I suspect older. I also have the Samsung sound bar, it is compatible with the LG tv and works and sounds great, you just have an extra remote..but that's not a problem ...lol, guy thing

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

danemayer

The second will only highlight if there is something plugged into it and turned on. Try plugging your sat receiver into the wall jack and powering it up then check to see if you can select the other HDMI.

So you've got 2 HDMI inputs on the TV, but you can only get one of them to work. Next step might be to consult the LG manual or call LG customer service to see if this is a configuration issue or perhaps a malfunction of the TV.