Rod & Reel Holders in Garage!

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Thanks to Steve (caokgafamily) for his BH storage idea - I purchased and installed my rod & reel holders on the bottom of the bottom bunk in my garage! I towed my Cyclone about 115 miles on Thursday and will return today the 115 miles where I'm parking at a CG. Gripping good so far. I'll have my Harley right under them starting today. :confused:

(Traveling on Oklahoma's I-40 in the eastern part of the state :eek: - that's a shakedown test! :eek::mad:)

Attachments

• HT 441.jpg
    HT 441.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 178
  • HT 442.jpg
    HT 442.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 152

Niles

I really like the way that looks, I have a couple of cheap poles I carry so I just put a piece of pvc pipe along the wall in the basement and slide them into it. Not real concerned if they don't survive, but so far, so good. But if I had some good ones would go your route, just looks goood!!

truknutt

Committed Member
HT,

Are they just held in with just foam inserts or is there an additional strap for extra security?

ONLY because there will be a Harley below and because I, too, have been on those roads, would I suggest maybe a piece of Velcro strap wrapped down, over, & up the other side to really secure the rods; if there isn't one already. I suggest this only because the rods have gravity to help them fall straight down.

P.S. Did you get your washer problem resolved?

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Washing the 3rd load as I type :). The rods are currently held in with only the foam. I'll have some velcro - or something holding them when I put the bike in there. Hate to mess up a $20k Harley with a $15 fishing pole!

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Final fishing pole mod!?

OK - The Velcro junk didn't work! :( No, I didn't drop a rod on the Harley, but noticed the Velcro had come loose and was hanging while I was parked in Oklahoma. You can see it hanging from the top in the first photo. So, before I left there, I took a l-o-n-g 1/4" bit and drilled through the plastic on the rod holders, lengthwise. I had to trim some of the foam because it was just shredding when trying to drill it. Then, I took a piece of 1/4" stainless steel tubing (left over from a job) and inserted it through all the holes drilled.

Fits snug-as-a-bug-in-a-rug! I really don't think the rods will ever fall through the tubing! No more worries! :D

Attachments

• HT 473.jpg
    HT 473.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 120
  • HT 506.jpg
    HT 506.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 121
  • HT 509.jpg
    HT 509.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 113