warranty work

we haven't picked up our new camper yet but we're wondering, are campers like cars, you can take them to any dealer that sells that brand?

maddog

Huhmina ! Huhmina!
i believe so,,,but in my experience, no one cares or gives you the service like the dealer u purchased it from..

danemayer

Other Heartland dealers can do your warranty work. But some dealers are pretty busy and may prioritize their own customers ahead of you, resulting in a long wait for service. And some dealers use service as a lever to get you to purchase from them. So a dealer near your home might refuse to do your warranty service if you didn't buy from them.

Bones

Other Heartland dealers can do your warranty work. But some dealers are pretty busy and may prioritize their own customers ahead of you, resulting in a long wait for service. And some dealers use service as a lever to get you to purchase from them. So a dealer near your home might refuse to do your warranty service if you didn't buy from them.
Dan, You are absolutely correct in your statement. I experienced this first hand and was refused service by a local dealer because I didn't purchase from them.

Lynn1130

No to dealers (as a general rule) unless no place else can do the service that you need at the time. Like car dealers their per-hour rate is higher than most independent shops and my experience has been that the wait is much longer and the work is not always that good. Probably too much backed up work and everyone is rushed to get jobs out. Heartland can authorize certain local shops to do your warranty work. You will probably have to prepay and recoup from Heartland but I found this worked much better for me. No 50 mile one way trip to the dealer and then go back two months later to pick it up.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
To the question...NO. RV dealers are not car dealers that the factory mandates them to fix your car no matter where you bought it. Call HL and ask them to direct you to an independent service center near you. With pre-approval HL will let you have your warranty work done there.

sengli

My local dealer didnt out and out tell me they wouldnt work on my coach when it was still under warranty. They told me that they couldnt get me in for service for 4-6 weeks. I wasnt about to accept this answer. So I pressured the service manager to clarify, finally it came down to the real reason......he said you didnt buy it here and they were busy enough as is...so they didnt want to even bother with me.

So is it like buying a car, and expecting primo service....NOT even close! You are best off doing most of your repairs on your own. Being handy is being a happy camper.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
One thing to consider if you are not handy at doing your own service work, is that it does not have to be a Heartland RV Dealership or a Dealership at all for that matter for Heartland to honor and pay a local RV Repair Facility of your choice to work on your rig. There are a ton of RV Repair facilities throughout the US that do not sell any trailers or RV's and make their living off of repairing RV's. Check into http://www.rvservicereviews.com for some RV Repair Facilities in your neck of the woods. See what are highly rated shops and see what shops to stay away from. Make sure you call Heartland Customer Service BEFORE doing any of the repairs and getting prior approval. Best of luck.

Rod

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
While in warranty HL has shipped a needed part to the owners if they want to install it themselves. That way no wasting fuel or sitting for weeks at a repair shop.

buddyboy

While in warranty HL has shipped a needed part to the owners if they want to install it themselves. That way no wasting fuel or sitting for weeks at a repair shop.

Or if you're hundreds or thousands of miles away. That is what they did for us.