EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: ON, sherkston - 6/3/2016 to 6/5/2016

taking orders for ontario heartland tshirts and/or sweatshirts. they are not rally specific.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders

Venue:
------------------------------
  • sherkston shores carefree rv resort
  • 490 empire road
  • sherkston, ON L0S 1R0
  • kristen allan 1-905-894-0972
  • www.carefreeresorts.com/sherkston
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee:
  • WiFi available: Yes
  • WiFi Fee:

Details:
  • Number of sites held: 40
  • Register by end of day 5/1/2016
  • Site fee: additional info below. per night.
  • Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 6/4/2016
  • Potluck time: 5pm?

• Event Leader: bighornby(click to contact)

Additional Info:
Hello everyone. Our dinner for saturday night has been confirmed and will not be a potluck. With much thanks it will be a sponsored dinner by jeff and pam damude. It will be a great meal of bbq'd ribs, chicken and pulled pork with coleslaw and buns. All we need to ask you to do is volunteer to bring a salad/dessert of some kind. It can even be an appetizer if you like also. If you can let me know by thursday june 2nd would be great. Either email me(mdbtin@bell.net) or let me know here on the event tab. We are having an early arrivals dinner on thursday june 2nd at the green acres restaurant. We have to be there by 5pm. The food is excellent and portions are big. A sponsored friday night pizza event has been confirmed. we have pizzas coming from papa's in ridgeway. Donna and a few other ladies are working on a scavenger hunt. it will start on thursday and end on saturday at 3pm. its just a fun thing with some prizes to hand out. of course the sooner you get there the more time you will have to finish it. On saturday morning we will have coffee and some baked goods for everyone and a demonstration of products from aqua-tek by peter bristow at 10am. These are products for keeping your rig in top condition. After that you will be free to take in niagara falls and surrounding area or just hang out at park and take in all it has to offer. Golf day has been confirmed for friday at whiskey run golf club. We have four tee times reserved from 9:34 to 9:58 and price with cart will be $42. right now we have 5 golfers and one more would make two 3somes. Course looks very nice and lets hope weather is also. On sunday morning we will be having a sendoff breakfast for those who are leaving sunday and anyone staying another day or two. May need a volunteer or two outside of my two assistants al and murray for cooking and prep. Check in will be after 12PM and please mention length of your rig when registering. Due to members being in three different area's and some sites being smaller than others they will try to accommodate rig size to site length the best they can. Most sites are pull thru. Site fee's....... the fri/sat rate is $61.94 for the 2 nights and thur/fri/sat rate is $90.19 for the three nights. Any additional night over and above the three night rate is $20/night. If coming for a week as i am(mon to mon) the rate is $25 per night for total of $175. Please mention your reserving for ontario heartland rally.

1. mike and donna tinklin - cliffview site 15 #1727 may 30th - june 6th
2. al and kim sherwin - cliffview site 17 #2255 may 30th - june 6th
3. murray and chris caughy - cliffview site 18 #1648 may 31st - june 7th
4. ian and linda hubling - cliffview site 2 #2290 june 2nd- june 6th
5. jim and lynn mccaskill - cliffview site 9 #1365 june 2nd - june 6th
6. jeff and pam damude - quarry ridge site 36 #2586 (he is always there ;-))
7. keith and heather dorken - beachview site 4 #834 june 2nd - june 6th
8. randy and liz powell - quarry ridge site 69 #724 may 30th - june 6th.
9. bob and christine fournelle - cliffview site 10 #1047 june 2nd - june 6th
10.dawn and frank schulz - cliffview site 6 june 3rd - june 7th #2739
11. jim and colleen marigliano - quarryridge site 59 #1880 june 2nd - june 6th/new york chapter
12. gene and carol brosseau - quarry ridge site 13 #2455.....have cancelled.
13. don and deb moody - cliffview site 16 #2421 june 3rd - june 5th
14. fred and joanne wilcke - cliffview site 11 #2584 june 2nd - june5th
15. karen and bill parent - quarryridge site 66 #1109 june 1st - june 6th/quebec chapter
16. patti and jon holbert - quarryridge site 68 #1025 june 2nd - june 6th/pennsylvania chapter
17. mary jane and kleis hensen - beachview site 37 #2823 june 3rd - june 6th
18. jane and charlie thibideau - quarryridge site 60 #1245 june 2nd - june 6th
19. solange and neil wolfe - quarryridge site 53 #1666 may 31 - june 6th
20. cheryl and bill subject - quarryridge site 62 #2580 june 3rd - june 7th......have cancelled.
21. gloria and chris whitford - quarryridge site 65 #2795 june 1st - june 6th/new york chapter
22. cheryl and rob fraser - beachview site 41 #3127 june 2nd - june 5th
23. dale and alice smith - quarryridge site 58 #1780 june 2nd - june 6th
24. jocelyn and brian lalonde - beachview site 34 #2241 june 2 - june 6th
25. heather and martin pope - beachview site 38 #1032 june 1st - june 5th.
26. mollie and harold wall - beachview site 39 #1793 june 2nd - june 5th.
27. jean and tim mai - beachview site 33 #2353 june 3rd - june 5th

Last edited:

windviewer

do we pay the non-member fee (assuming we are not a member at that time) on arrival? is it recommended to book sooner rather than later?

Jim-Lynn

Venue:

Details:
  • Club Member Event fee:

Additional Info:
There will be a sponsored dinner for the potluck so all thats required is salads and desert. More details coming! Hoping to have an early arrivals dinner on thursday. Details to follow. A sponsored friday night pizza event is also planned. Working on a saturday wine tasting tour or may just leave it open for people who may want to go spend the day in niagara falls. Golf day on friday also in the works. Check in will be after 12PM and please mention length of your rig when registering. Due to members being in three different area's and some sites being smaller than others they will try to accommodate rig size to site length the best they can. Most sites are pull thru. site fee's....... the fri/sat rate is $61.94 for the 2 nights and thur/fri/sat rate is $90.19 for the three nights. any additional night over and above the three night rate is $20/night. if coming for a week as i am(mon to mon) the rate is $25 per night for total of $175. please mention your reserving for ontario heartland rally.

This sounds great Mike & Donna. We will plan & let us know if help is needed.

Jim

Jim-Lynn

Mike; Lynn booked us today for Thursday June 2nd to Monday June 6th. We will be in Cliffview, 50amp. full hook up. Should have a site # with a week. It would be nice if everyone could get close to each other as it is a really spread campground.

Jim

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
hello. it is better to book sooner than later as always to guarantee a site. as far as the fee i will double check on that. am i safe to assume you signed up for introductory membership? will get back to you asap about the fee.

windviewer

Okay, we are booked in (beachview area, site #4) Thursday to Monday. (Cliffview is sort of reserved for the larger rv's; we are just a small guy :) )
We did sign up for the introductory membership as well.

Likely arriving later Thursday after 18:30.

Since we were 'in the area', figured might as well visit Letchworth State park (another hour southeast) after this event. Reservations for that park are already filling up (I made it online, and two sites were already booked since I looked this morning in loop 600)

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
sounds good. never been to letchworth but heard many good things about it. so if you have the introductory membership you may have to pay a $20 fee extra. i will look into it to confirm. too bad you cant make it to ripley, but im sure we will hook up soon.

jdamude

Venue:
  • 490 empire road
  • sherkston, ON L0S 1R0
  • Pet Fee:
  • WiFi Fee:

Details:
  • Club Member Event fee:

Additional Info:
There will be a sponsored dinner for the potluck so all thats required is salads and desert. More details coming! Hoping to have an early arrivals dinner on thursday. Details to follow. A sponsored friday night pizza event is also planned. Working on a saturday wine tasting tour or may just leave it open for people who may want to go spend the day in niagara falls. Golf day on friday also in the works. Check in will be after 12PM and please mention length of your rig when registering. Due to members being in three different area's and some sites being smaller than others they will try to accommodate rig size to site length the best they can. Most sites are pull thru. site fee's....... the fri/sat rate is $61.94 for the 2 nights and thur/fri/sat rate is $90.19 for the three nights. any additional night over and above the three night rate is $20/night. if coming for a week as i am(mon to mon) the rate is $25 per night for total of $175. please mention your reserving for ontario heartland rally.

Hi Mike,

Please add Pam & I to the list. We are on Quarry Ridge 36. Let me know what you need done. I'm here to help.

Jeff & Pam

Jim-Lynn

Just got the email from campground, from Thursday to Monday $ 112.76 tax in. We are in Cliffview 50amp full hook up site # CLF09.
Sorry we could not make it to Ripley, would have loved to have been there, but heading out west to visit our daughter.

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
come on our friends to the south. lets get your names in for our rally. cost for sites is awesome and we want to get all those sites filled. it will be a great time! :).

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
I thought I had posted already that we were coming but I don't see it here.

We're booked to arrive June 02, leaving on Monday. We are in CFL10.

jdamude

Venue:
  • 490 empire road
  • sherkston, ON L0S 1R0
  • Pet Fee:
  • WiFi Fee:

Details:
  • Club Member Event fee:

Additional Info:

1. mike and donna tinklin - cliffview site 15 #1727
2. al and kim sherwin - cliffview site 17 #2255
3. murray and chris caughy - cliffview site 18 #1648
4. ian and linda hubling - cliffview site 2 #2290
5. jim and lynn mccaskill - cliffview site 9 #1365
6. jeff and pam damude - quarry ridge site 36 #2586
7. keith and heather dorken - beachview site 4 #834
8. randy and liz powell - quarry ridge site 69 #724
9. bob and christine fournelle - cliffview site 10 #1047

Sherkston Shores is 20 minutes from the Buffalo/Fort Erie border (Peace Bridge). We are looking forward to seeing our fellow Heartlanders from Upstate New York and Pensyvania at the Rally.

Tundra2084

We have reservations for June 3rd to the 7th. Cliff View #6. Hopefully winter will be kind and spring will arrive early. Looking forward to the Rally.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Hey Donna and Mike,

The yankee's are a coming we will be arriving on 6/2/16 and leaving on 6/6/16 on site 59 in the Quarry Ridge section couldn't get in the Cliffview in our time frame. Looking forward to another fine Canada rally we'll see who else we can bring along.

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
glad to hear colleen. yes please convince more new yorkers to come. looking forward to it. you will like the park.

jnbhobe

Ok reservations are made, we arrive on 6/2 and leave on 6/6. We are in site Quarry Ridge #68. See ya soon!! comf#16864.

Status
Not open for further replies.