Leveling Jacks

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I know this has been discussed in a Razor forum recently, but I thought I would go ahead and place this here.

When hitching up to move last Thursday, my front leveling jacks blew the fuse - again. :mad: After blowing 2 fuses before getting raised enough to hitch up, I got my meter to see how many amps the motor was pulling. The 30 amp fuse was being slammed with 42-45 amps! :eek: No wonder the poor thing was blowing! I ended up running it only for 2-3 seconds at a time and managed to get it raised without the hand-crank. Once hitched, I ran the legs up and down and it only pulled 4-5 amps.

I barely have anything in the Cyclone, so far - and the fact that the first time it happened was when I was empty - so I'm thinking the motor is bad while under a load. Won't be an easy replacement, for sure. Tight fit above the gen-set. Moving again today, so I'll see how it goes this time. Definitely need the AUTO resetting breaker Loco mentioned installing on his. :D

mr8118

Front Jacks

I had the same problem. I took the Cyclone to the dealer and they installed two new winches, one for each side, and two switches. They said that they will change it to one switch but the factory hasn't completely figured out the "how to" yet.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Did they determine that one motor was not big enough for the Cyclone? So they replaced your single motor with two - one for each leg? Assuming they both travel at the same speed, a simple DPDT (double pole - double throw) switch would work fine. What year and model Cyclone do you have?

mr8118

Front Jacks

I have a 2008 3912. The dealer contacted Heartland and were told to add the additional motor and jack. I would think that the switch would not be difficult to overcome, but they were following Heartland's recommendation. The dealership thought that one larger motor would work, but Heartland opted for two, with two fuses, two crank holes, etc. which (I think) can cause problems with flexing. The dealer said that the new switch system with only one push would be coming in the next few weeks.

There was another 3912 in the service bay after me with the same problem, so I think it is common.

By the way where can I find a double pole switch like you described?

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Here's a link. I would assume the motors installed are still using a 30A fuse, so be sure the switch you get has at least a 30A rating.

How long ago did you have those motors installed? I also wonder if I couldn't, somehow, just get and install a bigger, more powerful motor myself. I really can't do without the Cyclone right now. Surely they have bigger motors than the one I have currently. May do some checking.

Another link!
You might just try Radio Shack, too - although I had no luck finding what was needed online. They might could order one for you.

Or...you could keep and use only one SPST switch to power this DPDT relay and energize the motors at the same time. Just another option.

Last edited: