Winegard Razor OTA automatic antenna

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We bought the Winegard Razor automatic antenna at the National Heartland Rally. It worked great until about 2 weeks ago when a E3 error showed up on the amplifier. The E3 is a motor malfunction. On Thursday of last week I called Winegard concerning this issue. I was told they would send me a replacement as soon as I could either fax or email a copy of my receipt. I emailed it later that day and the replacement was shipped. I received it today. I removed the defective one and replaced it with the new one and viola I am back in business. Now all I have to do is ship the broken one back to them. I was provided with a return shipping label. Thanks Winegard for the great service. :)

sjandbj

Where did they mount the razor? I have a Big Country and the bedroom air conditioner seems to be in the way. Is there any dead spots when you use it?

Regards,
Steve

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Where did they mount the razor? I have a Big Country and the bedroom air conditioner seems to be in the way. Is there any dead spots when you use it?

Regards,
Steve
I just talked to a couple that complained that the signal was not very good when the AC unit was between the antenna and the TV stations.
Sounds like you have the same trouble. They have a North Trail.
His solution is going to be to raise the antenna up off the roof so that the AC will not block the signal.
Hopefully he lets me know how his "fix" turns out.

Peace
Dave

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
At the National Rally, they mounted the Razor in front of the bedroom a/c toward the front cap. We haven't had any interference with the over the air channels when the front unit is running.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

Regards,
Steve

They moved the Razor more to the front away from the BR AC. The installer told me he moved it there so the AC did not interfer. We really love the Razor.