What type of wood and stain is used in the Big Country cabinets

sjandbj

Does anyone know the type of wood and the stain color that is used in the new Big Country cabinets. I want to make some new shelves that match the cabinets. My problem is that I have been trying different stains to make a match without any success. This trial and error method is getting a bit expensive. Any help is always appreciated.
Regards,
Steve

MTPockets

I went thru this three years ago. I found an inconspicuous spot to actually shave a nickel sized piece off and took it to an ACE Hardware store where the mixologist whipped me up a quart that matched exactly... I still have that can half full for any future need.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You could remove a small door or drawer and take it to a paint store to get a matching stain mixed up. Most Sherwin-Williams stores can do it, as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
The stiles and rails on our Bighorn cabinetry are maple. I made a couple of shelves for our pantry using birch plywood and used this stain...
9b0c6b23a5516bff9d809d2002fbc044.jpg

Finished shelves look like this...
3db0e9c59a89b82660f3e159831b9bfb.jpg

Diamondjim

travelin2 it doesn't get much better than that. Nice job.
Suggestions of having a computer mix the right color is spot on.
Works almost every time.

travelin2

travelin2 it doesn't get much better than that. Nice job.
Suggestions of having a computer mix the right color is spot on.
Works almost every time.

In my case the stain is off the shelf from Lowes.

sjandbj

The stiles and rails on our Bighorn cabinetry are maple. I made a couple of shelves for our pantry using birch plywood and used this stain...

Lyle,
Thanks for the information. Pantry shelves are exactly what I am working on. I will look at Lowes tomorrow.

Steve

travelin2

Lyle,
Thanks for the information. Pantry shelves are exactly what I am working on. I will look at Lowes tomorrow.

Steve

Picked up the 3/8" birch plywood there too.

My finished shelving...
de593313a3fa4304d2a65114a89d388a.jpg

travelin2

Do you know if Heartland uses maple in all of their coaches?

Most likely. Maple wood is an economical hardwood that accepts a variety of stains.

Let me add that I'm referring to the cabinet frames and drawer fronts. The shelving and luan paneling is likely birch veneer which also accepts stains well. (BTW-My father built custom kitchen and bathroom cabinets back in the day, therefore my Intel...)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk