• Alex 360-293-5353
  • www.FidalgoBay.com
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee: 0
  • WiFi available: Yes
  • WiFi Fee: 0

Details:
------------------------------
  • The park was full but there have been a few cancellations at the park and it might now be possible to get a site.
  • Site fee: $46 per night (10% discount will apply to rally nights)
  • Club Member Event fee: 0
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 7/23/2016
  • Potluck time: 5:00 p.m.

2016 WA Chapter Rally Attendee List
Site # NAMEUser NameHOC#Arrival DateDeparture DateCaravan?Whale Watch?
19Carlos & Kindra Benavidezmoses260221-Jul24-JulNY
22Rod & Kelly DitrichFor20hunter233621-Jul25-JulYY
25Duke & Jan Ditrichjmditrich248721-Jul25-JulY
26Don & Alicia Mogensondonmogey87220-Jul25-Jul
40Tom & Marla Englishtenglish173121-Jul25-JulY
41Open Road RV22-Jul24-Jul
42Open Road RV22-Jul24-Jul
48Bruce McLaughlinmanzan186921-Jul25-JulY
46Deb and Jerry Earlsdebjer203621-Jul25-Jul?
51Mark & Kristy CarlsonZiggy102415-Jul25-JulYY
52Matt & Robin BaileyMRBailey274821-Jul25-Jul
53Bob & Bo SargentNorthCal Bob172321-Jul25-JulY
55John & Debbie Kramerjdfishing180918-Jul25-JulYY
56HOC open spaceparty-on21-Jul24-Jul
57Duane & June Braundrbflorence85921-Jul25-Jul
59Carol & Steve WadeTheWade2243421-Jul25-JulY
60Janet NobleRottsNScotts298521-Jul25-Jul
61Doug & Doris Andersongrampafish242018-Jul25-JulYY
64Bob & Kim WalterSeattleLion264822-Jul25-JulN
65Paul & Candy Hardtpaulh267617-Jul25-JulY
66David and Patricia Holeshelsay166120-Jul25-JulY
173Bill & Jan GavinWGB258721-Jul25-Jul
158Jim Gavin -S-O-B21-Jul24-Jul
174Dean & Jodi Madisonshovelguy146121-Jul25-JulN
183Steve & Ida Wandsuperwando248121-Jul25-JulY
184Dave & Yvonne DirksenDirksen-2132421-Jul25-Jul
185John & Becci ZumwaltBecci247421-Jul25-JulYY

Additional Info:

Fidalgo Bay Resort is located on Fidalgo Island in the beautiful San Juan Archipelago. The Resort is located just a couple of miles from Anacortes which is home to the Washington State Ferry terminal between the islands of San Juan, Orcas, Lopez, Shaw and on to Sidney, B. C. For information on the ferry system, visit www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries. Other activities include whale watching, golf, hiking, biking, kayaking, visiting Deception Pass State Park or browsing the towns of Anacortes, LaConner, Oak Harbor, Coupeville and Langley - not to mention hanging out with great Heartland friends!

Come explore the beautiful Pacific Northwest, and then plan to travel with us down to Silverton, Oregon for the Oregon Chapter Rally the following weekend!

Please join us for what we hope will be a terrific, fun rally!!

Meet and Greet Happy Hour: Friday 4:00 to 6:00 at site 56. BYOB and an appetizer to share

Potluck Dinner: 5:00 Happy Hour (raffle tickets will be sold during Happy Hour), 6:00 Dinner - Saturday evening in the Clubhouse. Main course will be provided with an Italian theme. Thank you to Open Road RV Center for sponsoring our main course and rally. Please bring an appetizer, side dish or dessert to share. If your last name begins with A-D bring an appetizer, E-M bring a side dish, N-Z bring a dessert. (if you have a "specialty", ignore the alphabet!) Plan on enough for 8-10 people.

Raffle Prize Drawing:
Saturday in the clubhouse after dinner. If you'd like to participate, please bring an item in the 15 to 20 dollar range. Only need 1 per rig, however, you're welcome to donate more prizes if you'd like!

The 2016 Tribal Canoe Journey is now scheduled to arrive in Fidalgo Bay the 18th or 19th of July, and depart on the 22nd or 23rd.
For many of us, this could be a once in a lifetime event!

Are you interested in WHALE WATCHING? If so, we thought it would be fun to do a group outing on Saturday, July 23. The San Juan Islands provide one of the best whale watching opportunities anywhere in the world, offering calm waters and a huge variety of wildlife, which includes three pods of resident Orca whales.
Here are the details: A 4 ½ to 5 ½ hour cruise into the San Juan Islands to view the resident pods of Orca Whales…along with likely sightings of harbor seals, Stellar and California Sea Lions, Harbor and Dall’s porpoise, Bald Eagles and a wide variety of Seabirds.
Cost: Adult ticket is $109.00 per person, but if you are military, over 65, AAA, AARP member it’s $99,per adult, plus tax and $3 port and $2 ticketing fee. (this might seem a little “spendy”, but remember this is a 5 hour cruise and they guarantee we will see whales!) The boat is 60% full as of June 23 so be sure to sign up soon!

The HOC will provide snacks and a full lunch and non-alcoholic beverages during the cruise. The cruise leaves from and returns to Anacortes.

If you are interested in participating, please go to : http://www.island-adventures.com
and check out their website and make your reservation for the 10:00 a.m. tour on July 23rd.
Then let us know by posting on this thread or send us a PM so that we can add you to the list of participants.

CARAVAN INFO
If you are planning to attend the Oregon Chapter rally, we will be caravaning to the Toutle River RV Resort on Monday, July 25 where we will stay two nights. The caravan will then head to the rally in Silverton, OR on Wednesday, July 27. You will need to make your own reservations at Toutle River RV Resort, 360-274-8373. When you do, let them know you are part of the Heartland Owners Club so we will all be together. Please let us know if you plan to caravan so that we can make sure the RV park holds enough spaces for us.

Last edited:

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
All approved, looks great and we will hope to be joining you all there too. We will know for sure after our Vacation bid in January.

Rod

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Won't be to the rally, but that is a very nice area. My sister-in-law lives in Anacortes, overlooking the ocean (Washington Blvd.). We were there early last year for my nephew's wedding. Have fun.

Crumgater

Dang it. We really are trying to get back to a rally!
But... my cousin is getting married that weekend, so we'll be down in Vancouver instead.

Looks like a GREAT place! We may have to go try it out anyway.

paulh

Count us in - we will definitely be there! I will forward reservation info to you in the next few days.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Doug and Doris, we just made our reservation for the 2016 Wa Rally.
We will be coming in on 7/21/16 departing on 7/24/16
RV site # 22

Thank You!
Rod & Kelly

Last edited:

jdfishing

Count us in. Planning on arriving 7-18 and departing on 7-25. Will make our reservations in the near future.

wdk450

I will put this into my planning list for next year and see if I can make it work. Right now I am planning to do the 4 Thousand Trails on the Oregon Coast for 2 weeks each both North and Southbound, and the 3 thousand Trails on the Southern Washington Coast (2 weeks each too).

shelsay

Want to make our reservation soon. Do you know which day you will leave for caravan to Silverton?

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
Want to make our reservation soon. Do you know which day you will leave for caravan to Silverton?

Pat and Dave, we aren't completely sure. We made our reservation at Fidalgo through Tuesday,the 26th (but will change it if we all decide to leave on Monday). We plan to visit the Toutle River RV Resort in Castle Rock next week as that will likely be the stopping point between Anacortes and Silverton. We're not sure whether to plan on two nights or three nights there. As we get closer to the rally dates, we'll work with Kristy and Mark and those interested in a caravan to finalize our plans.

Dave, I hope you are doing well and are putting your new truck to good use!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Toutle Creek is where we are looking to stay on our way up to Anacortes. we will hold off on making our reservations until after your visit to the park. Please let us know what you think.

We will need to arrive in Silverton sometime Wed. to be able to get everything together for our rally. Thurs. will be shopping day. ;)

We we plan to spend about a week at Fildago Bay before the rally so we have plenty of time to look around. We have never been to that area before and there is a lot to see.

Kristy

Grampafish

Toutle Creek is where we are looking to stay on our way up to Anacortes. we will hold off on making our reservations until after your visit to the park. Please let us know what you think.

We will need to arrive in Silverton sometime Wed. to be able to get everything together for our rally. Thurs. will be shopping day. ;)

We we plan to spend about a week at Fildago Bay before the rally so we have plenty of time to look around. We have never been to that area before and there is a lot to see.

Kristy

Awesome, We will be getting to Anacortes early as well. We also have limited knowledge of the area. We'll let everyone know what we think of Toutle River RV as soon as we've visited.

jdfishing

The Kramers have their reservation. Arrive: July 18 Depart: July 25 Site " 55 Bighorn 35' . I took a guess that we would leave on Monday 25th for Toutle River or wherever. Suppose I can change it if necessary. We plan on being up in the Seattle area a week or more before we arrive for the rally, visiting family. Looking forward to this trip.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Made our Fildago Bay reservations today. We will be arriving 7/15 and made the reservation to depart 7/25. our rig is 42' Key West and we have site 51.

The woman I talked to said most everyone was planning on leaving on the 24th. I wonder if there is some confusion when people reserved they thought if they said the 24th they meant to leave the 25th but that is not how the park interpreted it. People might want to check their reservation to be sure.

If we are leaving the 24th, it might be easier to get through Seattle. If that is the case, let me know ASAP and I will change our reservation.

I tried to make a reservation at Toutle river, but they won't take them until January 4th. We will spend 7/8-14 at Toutle River, then go to Fildago Bay on the 15th. We plan to be at Silver Spur on the 27th to prep for our rally, unless there is a Costco near Toutle River. It looks like the closest one is 50 miles away.

Doug and Doris, we can talk and work out the dates for sure. If you decide to go someplace besides Toutle River, let us know.

Kristy

jdfishing

I didn't think about getting through Seattle on Monday, but we don't usually leave on Sunday. I'm open either way. Maybe one of the WA folks can give us a clue on Seattle traffic S/B.

Manzan

Headed south, I would want to get through Seattle, Tacoma and Olympia by 3PM any work day. The general configuration of Seattle and highways means they can back up any time. Morning rush hour traffic can last beyond 10AM north bound through Seattle. I live in West Seattle and going downtown can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 45 minutes any time of day. You never know. When making Dr.s appointments, I try for mid day and allow at least 45 minutes to get there. Carry a book incase I am early.

shelsay

Hi--

Just made our reservation--arriving July 20, site 60. I have us down as leaving on the 25th but will change if the caravan decides to leave on Sunday.

Looking forward to a much better summer than last year and to seeing everyone.

Pat

Grampafish

We visited Toutle River RV resort (http://www.greatrvresort.com) and really liked what we saw. They do not take reservations for next summer until after the first of the year. We will call them on January 4 and have them block a section for us but you'll need to call to make your own reservations, letting them know you are part of the Heartland group. Our current plan is to leave Anacortes on Monday, mid to late morning and arrive in Castle Rock very early afternoon. We would stay two nights (7/25 and 7/26) departing mid to late morning for the Oregon chapter rally in Silverton.

We have updated post #1 to identify those folks who have notified us of their reservations.

Status
Not open for further replies.