ATF: North Trail - Step Rugs and Tires

Can you please tell me what kind/size to ask for when I'm looking to cover my steps on the 22FBS?
And also what tire choices I have/what to ask for when I go to replace the tires?

M

Mcreech

Can you please tell me what kind/size to ask for when I'm looking to cover my steps on the 22FBS?
And also what tire choices I have/what to ask for when I go to replace the tires?

I'm not really sure if RV part stores have a one size fits all step rugs but most of the steps used in TT are all about the same size. With regard to tires, this is another area where are good folks on this forum will be of more help then me as there are a bunch of different brands an opinions.

Thanks

Mike Creech

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You need to measure the width of the steps. Last time we went there were several different sizes in width. If yours are a "towmax" get rid of them ASAP. Look at a LT (light truck) tire. Maxxis, michelin, or a non-china made tire. Don not skimp in tires. A blown tire can and will do alot of damage to your trailer and probably more than a good set of tires cost. Make sure you have the tires balanced.

Last edited:

Ks.Kev

I too have the NT 22FBS and went with Maxxis tires.
They have good reviews!!!
Cant help you on the step covers.

acsdesign

I too have the NT 22FBS and went with Maxxis tires.
They have good reviews!!!
Cant help you on the step covers.

Hello,
I have a 22FBS and while it is new, I would like to know which Maxxis Tires you have put on your NT. As someone earlier in the Post made reference to using LT tires but I see Maxxis makes Trailer Tires.

Thank you

Ks.Kev

i'll have to go check.... I do know that it's the same size that came with the 22 FBS and they are the Maxxis Brand!
I'll post what I read on the tire tomorrow!

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
On my previous rig I put on Maxxis Ltd on never had a problem.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I've heard a lot of good things about the Maxxis tires and will consider them next time I need trailer tires!

I have Hi Run ST load range D tires on our Prowler right now and they came with good recommendation from the shop that did our axle replacement on our previous 2013 Heartland Trail Runner!

We have close to 3000 miles on them and so far so good!

Ks.Kev

Hello,
I have a 22FBS and while it is new, I would like to know which Maxxis Tires you have put on your NT. As someone earlier in the Post made reference to using LT tires but I see Maxxis makes Trailer Tires.

Thank you

Sorry it took a couple days to get back to you on this.....
I got the MAXXIS M8008 ST 205/75R14-C
The dealer I got these from said he has been selling them for years with no problems with them!
No customers had any complaints with them either!
In fact he has A LOT of people coming in with "tow max" and other china bombs tires and replacing them with the MAXXIS tires!!!
I really don't think you can go wrong with them!!!
Hope this helps you in the decision on which tire to purchase!
Happy Camping!!!

acsdesign

Sorry it took a couple days to get back to you on this.....
I got the MAXXIS M8008 ST 205/75R14-C
The dealer I got these from said he has been selling them for years with no problems with them!
No customers had any complaints with them either!
In fact he has A LOT of people coming in with "tow max" and other china bombs tires and replacing them with the MAXXIS tires!!!
I really don't think you can go wrong with them!!!
Hope this helps you in the decision on which tire to purchase!
Happy Camping!!!

Thank you. This is very helpful.