Factory installed xantrex xm1000 pro 1000 on 2014 RW420

Imurphy

Factory installed xantrex xm pro 1000 on 2014 RW420

I have had many RV'S over the years. And I love to tinker. I am also an electrical engineer in the telco industry.

I just picked up a road warrior 420 with residential refer and dedicated inverter. When ever I disconnect from shore power or turn down the generator. The inverter is supposed to take over supplying the refer. But every time it goes into overload. I have to go outside and turn off the dc supply. Then back on. It will then run the fridge for a while.

Why does this package not function correctly? Am I missing something or did HL not properly pair the refer with the inverter?

I am in the process of 2Kw solar and a magnum and battery plant upgrade.. But wanted to keep the xantrex dedicated to the refer. I have to run the generator while traveling needlessly due to this issue.

Last edited:

danemayer

Re: Factory installed xantrex xm pro 1000 on 2014 RW420

Frigidaire changed compressors shortly after the residential option came out. The firmware in the inverter had to be changed to deal with it. Heartland replaced inverters but apparently no one called about your unit. Call Heartland.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Brazos

Frigidaire changed compressors shortly after the residential option came out. The firmware in the inverter had to be changed to deal with it. Heartland replaced inverters but apparently no one called about your unit. Call Heartland.

Let me ask, was the firmware change for the Xantrex inverters or was the firmware change for the Magnum inverters that were used? The reason I ask is I read several posts about problems with the Magnum inverters used. But I have not read where the Xantrex needed a firmware update. I have an Xantrex and it has not missed a beat.

Imurphy It sounds like you leave the Xantrex on all the time. Have you tried turning off the Xantrex when on shore power or the generator and then turn the Xantrex back on when you need it? Does it do the same thing then?
If your Xantrex is the Pro 1000 and the display is mounted on the bottom of the inverter, the display can be mounted in the coach remotely which makes for easier control of the inverter.

danemayer

I believe it was the magnum. Now that I think about it I'm not sure I remember the factory shipping Xantrex inverters.

justafordguy

The magnum is the one that needed to be updated. Heartland sent me a new one with the update and it works fine now.