RV entrance door

Bones

I went to the camper the other day and found that my entrance door appears to have a slight leak in it. I know I have seen different glass put in the door. Does anyone have recommendations on which company to use or possibly a vented solution for the door? Here is the door. Should I just go to a glass company and have safety glass cut then tinted?

IMG_20150830_145355.jpg
The weird thing is the water steaks are on the inside of the glass and only appeared when I shut the door.

Attachments

• IMG_20150830_145250.jpg
    IMG_20150830_145250.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 67

MTPockets

That glass is easy to remove and reseal. Just remove the screws on the frame and the frame on the other side will push out; it helps to have someone else assist. You can then reseal with a sealing tape from Lowes. New glass can be ordered to size if you want a different texture or color. We replaced ours with a clear bronzed safety glass.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Sometimes that opaque style glass does some weird things when something gets on it.
Have you tried some really good cleaner on it? Both sides?
Maybe try a coating of wax.

Peace
Dave

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Or add something like this...

kd24ir.jpg

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I had the same issue. I took the glass assemble out and used commercial window foam tape sealer. Installed it on both sides of the frame..re-installed the frame and glass. Then trimmed the foam to the frame. Never leaked again even with a high pressure washing.