What are you using as an end table / cup holder?

TxCowboy

For those with the double recliner setup (not the theater seating), what are you using as an end table? With the recliners extended, the small lift table is too far away to use. I'm thinking something that will fit between the two recliners. (Note: these chairs are not rocker recliners and they don't swivel.)

Anyone have an after-market suggestion for small end tables?

We have a similar setup, only our recliners swivel, rock. Your setup will work better with the idea that I came up with. I made a narrow table/magazine holder, with two cup holders on top. I'll send a picture of it as soon as I get our camper out of temp. storage if you would like. We had to replace our driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

123camper

We just use a TV tray. Fold up easy for travel. We sit it between our chairs,sit a lamp on it foe reading, remote controls, and of course our drinks. Picked it up at Walmart for a few bucks. We prefer the wood one because they can be sanded and stained to match the inside of the coach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We found a narrow magazine rack with a flat table top at an Ashley furniture store.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

We searched all over trying to find a solution for that problem. We looked on the internet and every nic nac store around, with no luck.
We pulled the chairs out and put the Theater seats in. We love them..... They are way more comfortable then the chairs were and they have cup holders and center storage for all of the remotes.
Both of our chair broke with in the first month and Lippert took care of use swapping to the theater seats. Some people on here say the theater seats are junk too. So far so good for us

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
While in Goshen this year at the rally, we found an Amish furniture store that sold 6" and 8" wide end tables with three drawers in a couple of different stain colors. We purchased the 8" and works great between the recliners in our Key Largo. VERY nice and really solid built.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I made this one, but probably too wide for you.

Attachments

• horn table 036 (Medium).jpg
    horn table 036 (Medium).jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 72
  • horn table 035 (Medium).jpg
    horn table 035 (Medium).jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 59
  • horn table 034 (Medium).jpg
    horn table 034 (Medium).jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 56

browny

file:///Users/terrylbrown/Pictures/IMG_0861.jpg I am very inexperienced at transferring photos to a post, so if you can open the jpg let me know, or I am sure some one will instruct me how to do it. When I made the table, I took an old oak kitchen cabinet door, and used it for the top, just took the outside frame off, used a hole saw to cut the cup holder holes. Then bought the cup holders themselves at the rv dealer for $2.00 a piece. Took oak 1x6 boards for the back and front. 1x8 oak board on the bottom, 1x2 oak boards for the legs, and top pieces for the magazine rack, and 3/8 dowel rod.

TxCowboy

While in Goshen this year at the rally, we found an Amish furniture store that sold 6" and 8" wide end tables with three drawers in a couple of different stain colors. We purchased the 8" and works great between the recliners in our Key Largo. VERY nice and really solid built.

This is a nice suggestion but we're not going to be anywhere near Goshen anytime soon. If this furniture store has a website, that might be a good alternative.

- - - Updated - - -

We just use a TV tray. Fold up easy for travel. We sit it between our chairs,sit a lamp on it foe reading, remote controls, and of course our drinks. Picked it up at Walmart for a few bucks. We prefer the wood one because they can be sanded and stained to match the inside of the coach.

Not really an option for us unless we're eating in the recliners. If we're watching a movie, I don't think we necessarily want a TV tray sitting in our laps for an hour and a half plus there's normally a small dog parked there. :)

Still, I'm not ruling this idea out. There are some nice bean bag trays out there so using my laptop while in the recliner has some nice appeal. But I can imagine that it would get a little warm on the legs after awhile.

- - - Updated - - -

I made this one, but probably too wide for you.

Bob, that is some fine work, sir!!

- - - Updated - - -

We have used this for the last three years:http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/sofa-server-table-oak/69084

Works great for us.

Al

Laurie and I did look at these and determined that the 12 inch width would have them rubbing on the chairs.

- - - Updated - - -

We searched all over trying to find a solution for that problem. We looked on the internet and every nic nac store around, with no luck.
We pulled the chairs out and put the Theater seats in. We love them..... They are way more comfortable then the chairs were and they have cup holders and center storage for all of the remotes.
Both of our chair broke with in the first month and Lippert took care of use swapping to the theater seats. Some people on here say the theater seats are junk too. So far so good for us

I hope replacing broken chairs isn't an issue we face anytime soon. I know the chairs are very hard to close when the recliner is extended but hopefully that is just because they're new. In fact, Laurie has to crawl out of her chair to close it.

Replacing with the theater seating may be a future event but I think we'd prefer the cheaper route at this point.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I bought a couple of wall-mount cup holders that flip up flat to the wall when not in use from Camping World ($5 each) . . .

Just tried to find them on their website but they didn't come up in the search.

Matter of fact, I plan on mounting them today!

I'll take a photo when I get done.

MTPockets

I bought a couple of wall-mount cup holders that flip up flat to the wall when not in use from Camping World ($5 each) . . .

Just tried to find them on their website but they didn't come up in the search.

Matter of fact, I plan on mounting them today!

I'll take a photo when I get done.
. This is what we do for cup holders. I have one mounted on the wall next to one Lazyboy, for the other side, I mounted a cup holder to the back of a dining chair that is next to the other Lazyboy.

31244b57710cbc8dfd11151c2b6b547e.jpg
d790c0115e85e56012486b2bd68004f2.jpg
. It took me awhile to get back to you, and to figure out how to add pictures. The table is 24" high, 12" wide, and 30" long. It fits real nice between the recliners. I used all scrap lumber.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Nice work on the "scrap wood" table. Our 2009 BH came with the small table between the recliners. I made the small folding table to put near the sofa for drinks, etc., and a larger one with a flat top for the wife's laptop (I claimed the desk).

donr827

You might try web searching with the description of the table width you want or just say small narrow table. When we purchased out BH I removed the one from our trade in and borrowed it for the new trailer.
Don