F-350 - Where do you hold your phone

Oregon_Camper

Had a nice place to use the device show in picture below (not from my truck...just stock Amazon.com image)...it worked great. Held my phone via a magnet...very easy to get off and on.

Fast forward to buying new 2016 F-350. Now the screen is in the way, even if I flip the device 180 degrees.

So...anyone have a great way to hold their phone while driving? I use Waze and Google Maps a lot, so having the ability to see my phone (not texting) while I drive is important.

71g-lWjdpYL._SL1164_.jpg

donr827

Ask if the truck has blue tooth. Most new vehicles have blue tooth today. Also your cell phone has to be blue tooth able.
Don

Sniper

I keep mine turned off and in the center console while I'm driving, my much better half puts hers up on the overhead console on one of those non-skid phone pads. In fact the pad came in our Heartland Owners Club packet. LOL

Safe travels. :)

Oregon_Camper

Can't you just turn your device 180 degrees? The phone would be below the screen?

Yes, but I'm being a bit picky here. I like the screen to be vertical, so I can see more of the road (again, using for maps).

The suggestions for using Bluetooth for connecting are great, but I need to see the screen for maps. Bluetooth works great for music and phone calls.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
23837017de2c2bfcc6c78a77828de392.jpg

Bracketron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadJunkie

Can't you just turn your device 180 degrees? The phone would be below the screen?

I'm not sure we're on the same page; I was suggesting flipping the CD-phone holder so that the mount is on the bottom
instead of on the top. Would that work?

Crumgater

Have you tried one of the vent phone clips?
If you have the right kind of vent in the right place, they work well.

41ai2OaSTqL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

Oregon_Camper

Have you tried one of the vent phone clips?
If you have the right kind of vent in the right place, they work well.

41ai2OaSTqL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

I like this option a LOT...

Just wondering if anyone here has one that they recommend, as the vent fin is a bit larger on the Ford F-350 than normal cars vent fins.

2013-ford-f-350-super-duty-lariat-platinum-navi-radio-screen.jpg

pegmikef

Have blue tooth so I keep it in my pocket. On long trips I just stick in one of the cup holders or the little slot behind the console cup holders . . . anywhere my wife can reach it if she wants to text or dial a number.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
When in my truck I use the hands free that came with the truck so I keep the phone on my belt clip holder. My wife has here own phone. I use the navigation system that came with the truck. When in the wife's car she has here own phone and uses her hands free that came with her car.

MTPockets

I've used mine for the maps a couple times and just rest it on that ledge behind the steering wheel. I can see the screen thru the steering wheel.

Bones

I just want to throw this out there that your phone should still read directions to you even when sitting in a cup holder and the screen is off, and you now have the navigation system in your vehicle that you can watch the roads.

Oregon_Camper

I just want to throw this out there that your phone should still read directions to you even when sitting in a cup holder and the screen is off, and you now have the navigation system in your vehicle that you can watch the roads.

True...the nav in the truck can help.

However, install Waze and see how it helps even more. It is updated by folks driving (can update hands free)...showing Police, Traffic conditions, objects in road (like tires...dead animals), stalled cars on side of the road, construction....etc. It is a GREAT tool....and FREE!!!

Sirius charges how much for this? And it doesn't provide 1/4 of the data Waze does. On my way from Texas to Oregon, Waze alerted me of "objects in road" a few times at night that I would have never seen until I was just about on it. While I could easily avoid when just driving the truck, it would be a whole lot different once I have the 5th wheel attached.

I just bought a Car Mount. MagGrip Magnetic CD Slot Magnetic Universal Car Mount Holder*. It slides into your cd slot with a magnet holder. You attach a thin disc to the back of the phone and it stays put. It only cost $11.00 with shipping and all.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk