Our New Car

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We just got a new 'runaround' car. Many times DW will follow me when I am towing the RV is we are traveling to a RV park close (within 250 mile) from home. We use the car to do our running around saving the truck mostly for towing. We had a 2011 Ford Fiesta which got 40 mpg and it was a great runaround car. While getting the Fiesta serviced (a recall on the computer program) we saw this new never been sold 2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid. I have been researching the Hybrid vehicles and they gave us a super-duper deal on this car that we couldn't pass up. I didn't realize that these hybrid cars had all the bells and whistles on them (this one does). So far we have seen 55 mpg (we only have 100 miles on the car). It is built on the Ford Focus frame and is slightly larger than the Fiesta. Think we are really going to enjoy this one.

We have never had a Hybrid Electric/Gas vehicle before and we love it. So far we are getting 45 mpg which will get better. We do not have to plug it in as the gas engine comes on when the battery needs charging and the brake system charges the battery too when braking. It will run on electric when cruising on the highway and putting around town. You don't even feel the changeover. The car loaded as well, power seats, power steering and brakes, navigation system, Sirius radio, leather seats, remote keyless entry and keyless starting etc. The dealer came off the sticker price by $14000 since it was a 2014. Don't care cause we got a deal and it was still new. The C-Max is built on the Ford Focus Frame.

Attachments

• new car.JPG
    new car.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited by a moderator:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Sheila will usually follow the RV in the car. We communicate via a Family Radio (walkie talkie). So far it has worked very well and sure saves wear and tear on the truck. We will only do this in about a 300 mile range from home. The Fiesta did get 40 mpg but I have been wanted to try the Green thing with a hybrid for quite awhile.