Electric Bill

HornedToad

I got my first electric bill as a full-timer... They charged me $173.12 for an overage of 1082 kWh.
15¢ a kWh sounds about right... What seems off is I get 800 kWh included in the monthly rent, so I went over by more than double???

It was kinda hot this past month with most days in triple digits, I hope I can stay within the allowance this Fall / Winter.

danemayer

Last August we used 976 Kwh in the Colorado mountains. Texas is at least 3 times as hot so I'm not surprised.

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Last 4 seasons in Coastal Bend of TX, never over 800 kWH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rxbristol

We're currently paying 4.3 cents per kWh and my last bill (Jul-Aug) was 2,001 kW--that's with 95 degrees plus every day. So, your bill sounds about right, especially in for Midland. You should not have any problems in the winter. We ran the fireplace and an oil heater last winter and stayed within the 800 kWh range. I have a neighbor that has not used his air conditioner yet this summer. He's in his early eighties and have even seen him take his exercise walk in the late afternoon heat--he's tough.

pegmikef

My residence in San Angelo electric costs 10 - 12 cents per kwh dependent on usage . . . greater the usage, the lower the rate measured in 500 kwh thresholds so that is probably about right for Midland. My last was in excess of 2000 kwhs and ran 249.00

Mstark

RXBristol....4.3 Cents a KW, WOW, where is that, I want to live there. We are in San Antonio paying 14.5

Mike
San Antonio (At the moment)
2016 Big Country

rxbristol

RXBristol....4.3 Cents a KW, WOW, where is that, I want to live there. We are in San Antonio paying 14.5

Mike
2016 Big Country

Since I'm still working for one more year, we moved from an RV Park (they went up on their rates) to a mobile-home park. I pay $177 a month for rent and contract for my electricity just like a SB house. I just recontacted with another company at 3 cent per kW for the next six months. I REALLY miss the RV community, but the ample space, fenced yard, high speed cable, and super quite area make it really nice. I extended the sewer line and hook up like any other RV, plus I put in an antifreeze water spigot. Our rent goes up in February to $185 a month.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

Mike
2016 Big Country

Yeah Wow. Our rate runs about 12.4 cents for all fees, electric, transmission, taxes, etc. at our total electric house where we use 11-1200 kwh/month and that's with a hot tub and swimming pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HornedToad

I got my first electric bill as a full-timer... They charged me $173.12 for an overage of 1082 kWh.
15¢ a kWh sounds about right... What seems off is I get 800 kWh included in the monthly rent, so I went over by more than double???

It was kinda hot this past month with most days in triple digits, I hope I can stay within the allowance this Fall / Winter.

Right after this I started keeping an eye on the meter. In September it cooled off and I was running right at my allowance. I went out to check it at the end of the month and the meter had rolled over from around 45,000 kWh, so over 50,000 kWh usage???

I freaked out and called the office and the manager said... " Oh, you must be in one of the spaces where they installed a new meter."

50,000 kWh X .15 cents, that would have only been a $7,500.00 bill!!!

pegmikef

Right after this I started keeping an eye on the meter. In September it cooled off and I was running right at my allowance. I went out to check it at the end of the month and the meter had rolled over from around 45,000 kWh, so over 50,000 kWh usage???

I freaked out and called the office and the manager said... " Oh, you must be in one of the spaces where they installed a new meter."

50,000 kWh X .15 cents, that would have only been a $7,500.00 bill!!!

Not to worry Mike, it actually would have been only $750 (5,000 kwhs)

HornedToad

Not to worry Mike, it actually would have been only $750 (5,000 kwhs)

To keep track I had written down the kWh at around 45,000 on the old meter, that went up to 99,999 kWh, when they put in a new meter it started back at zero and was at about 300 kWh when I checked it... That's why I thought it had rolled over and I was going to be billed for 55,000+ kWh.

Needless to say it was a worrisome afternoon until I talked to the office manager and she explained I had a new meter.

This full timing is hard work!!!