Fuel mileage !!!!!

Delaine and Lindy

I guess this should be posted on the Landmark site, however I think it's something for all. We came down to Decatur Ala. to get somethings replaced and the carpet on the door side slide cut off some when slide is close it folds the carpet up, seems as if this is something thats not unusual on the Landmarks with the Augusta floorplan?

What has come to my attention is when towing the Landmark I'm getting better fuel mileage? That is good, since Diesel here is $4.00 a gal. Yesterday on two lane roads and some Interstate the Duramax was gettting between 12 to 12.4 mpg at 60 mph or less. The other 5er we had we got most of the time 10 to 11.5 mpg and that was the 2007 Chevy 3500 DRW's without the new DPF system. I'm thinking maybe its the front cap, anyway we are surprised. Just thought this would make some feel a litte better about the Fuel price which is out of control. :mad: GBY..........

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
My fuel mileage also increased when we got our Landmark and we moved up to a trailer that weighed in two thousand pounds heavier than our last trailer. I also believe it is the front cap and could be other things too. All in all it is a good package. I don't get quite as good as you but at 60 mph I get 10.3 mpg.

Don

shovelguy

A couple of weeks ago we went up to Hood's Canal for the weekend. I towed our 5'ver up at no more than 55, and got 11.6 mpg, coming back I towed at my more nomal 60+ and got 10.2.

Last week end we went up to Everett, Wa, to see the grandkids. I drove up at 60, not towing, and got 22.6 mpg, coming home I pretty much stayed in the go fast lane, 70 to 75 all the way and still got 19. I was suprised both going and coming.

If there is a lesson in any of this, it would be going slower does save fuel, but my o' my, it's hard to be the slowest guy on the freeway!!

Dean

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Dean
I don't mind being the slowest on the highway. I find it more relaxing and at the end of the day I am less tired.
Regards
Wayne