Hydraulic lines

Dpa4747

My cyclone is 3 years old this month and on almost all of the lines there are large red bubbles in the lines like under the plastic coating, are these lines gonna blow soon?? who thinks this is normal? They are orange/red in color xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Maybe, you could remove them and have new ends installed or replace the lines. Your choice. Wear and tear is normal for anything. Depending on how things are used or abused is how long things last. There are many, many older CY's in service than your's, and are not having the problems you are. Maybe your just hard on your equipment. People jump these thing 10 feet in the air off roading and expect it to last. I have seen how the people treat their TH'ers going across the desert. As fast and hard as they can. Maybe you don't, I don't know. Maybe you should get a different coach...use it for 3 years...then report back here on how it's holding up. BTW, no matter who's coach you buy, it will still have the same lines and tanks as yours and the frames made by Lippert. Good luck.

OldTanker

I would be very leery about hydraulic lines with bulges. FWIW I had a SOB rig and had a line go bad outside of warranty. Removing it was not a big deal. Make sure the rig is propped up before hand and have a couple caps to prevent the fittings from dripping and getting air into the system. Take the hose to a hydraulic repair shop. Do a google search or phone book search for them. The hoses are not a big deal and not terrible expensive depending on length. Make sure you get at least the same pressure capability or better with the replacement hose. You will have to go through a bleeding process to get the air out of the line when you reinstall it.