Just an Idea

bob34787

I do not know if any of the new floorplans have an L kitchen but if there is my suggestion would be to put better latches on the drawers, on my trip to Disney, all of 17 miles today. my bottom drawer open during travel and due to the location behind the slide I did not see it was out so the drawer got caught on the slide, destroyed the drawer and pulled the toe panel clean off the kitchen slide.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I do not know if any of the new floorplans have an L kitchen but if there is my suggestion would be to put better latches on the drawers, on my trip to Disney, all of 17 miles today. my bottom drawer open during travel and due to the location behind the slide I did not see it was out so the drawer got caught on the slide, destroyed the drawer and pulled the toe panel clean off the kitchen slide.

I put HD magnets on some of our drawers for the reason you stated. Part of our arrival process is still to check all drawers before we put any slides out. Trace

bob34787

yes wish I had taken a flashlight and looked but I took the rv down by myself and the wife talked me into using the nifty remote so I could make sure I had clearance for the slides, imagine my surprise when I went inside! have had 5 other rv's in the past 6 years none of them had the drawers open during transport Heartland seems to use a weaker system, the drawers on the sink I keep bungee corded , did not give the other ones much thought

TxCowboy

In the Landmarks, it's not that the hardware is weaker as the hardware is pretty standard stuff. It's the drawers that are heavier as they are made with real wood and not some kind of particle board or plywood. So, yeah, a supplemental fastener system may need to be installed if you are encountering drawer(s) opening while you travel. You might also consider the same idea for your overhead cabinets.

All that said, however, doing a visual check prior to opening the slides is always a good practice. You shouldn't need a flashlight to spot an open drawer or cabinet. Use the interior LED lights.

bob34787

on the L kitchen its almost impossible to see behind the sink area without a flashlight especially with old tired eyes. anyone have an idea of where the drawer slides come from I am in need of a pair

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Call HL service/parts...have your VIN# handy. You should be able to get a drawer and the slides shipped to you.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We put velcro on the back of the drawer facing that holds the drawers in place.

TxCowboy

Hey, Jim, that's a good idea. A roll of industrial strength velcro is cheaper than many other alternatives. Plus, it's always nice to have a roll of velcro in your tool kit.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hey, Jim, that's a good idea. A roll of industrial strength velcro is cheaper than many other alternatives. Plus, it's always nice to have a roll of velcro in your tool kit.

Yep McGiver used duct tape to fix stuff...I use Velcro. :)