The big fat BLUE bag! Making me crazy!

GETnBYE

I'll post my question first and then if you don't want to read more, you won't have to sift thru to find the ?
?: what are the most important warranties to get registered?

I am going thru this blue bag of confussion trying to leaf thru every book to see what we need to mail in, register online etc...

The problem is most warranties that I have found don't have registry cards to mail in or in the case of multiple items such as the air conditioners and awnings, I only have one card or no card for some items. Said card is asking for model and serial numbers, that I don't have.

.#2: do you have to climb on top and take the covers off of a/c and get these numbers as I was told on the phone from dometic or is there some paperwork that I didn't get?

if you read this far, thanks
#lovemybighorn #paperworknotsomuch

Anita

dlw930

I think most, if not all. of the product registration cards are optional and serve as a way for the manufacturers to put you in their database for recalls and marketing purposes and aren't required to validate the warranty. The most important piece of paper to keep for warranties is your bill of sale or receipt from the Heartland dealer as this shows the purchase date which starts the clock on all of the warranties. You can get a list of your furnace, water heater, appliance and equipment serial numbers and model by calling Heartland customer service at 877-262-8032 and give them you VIN and ask for the spec sheet for your Bighorn. This might save you a trip to the roof! I just got my spec sheet in the mail earlier this week. Hope that helps and enjoy your new Bighorn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Glad you two are enjoying your new rig. Keep us posted on your adventures.
Later,

wdk450

You might think about checking out the various manufacturer's websites for online warranty registration webpages.

justafordguy

I would register your a/c units asap. I have had to have my main a/c replaced twice already on my 6 month old Gateway. Dometic is having a real problem with their 15k units right now. I even paid them for 3 more years warranty.

GregP

Completion of product registration cards is helpful if there were recalls or similar actions on the individual components. As previously posted, proof of RV purchase date is the main requirement for warranty service, however, many of the components have warranties separate from the Heartland warranty. It is not necessary to mail in the cards in order to have a valid warranty claim.

TxCowboy

I would register your a/c units asap. I have had to have my main a/c replaced twice already on my 6 month old Gateway. Dometic is having a real problem with their 15k units right now. I even paid them for 3 more years warranty.

Was Dometic difficult to work with on your AC issues?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We also never sent in a warranty registration card for any of our units until we got the residential refrig. I took out a 3 years plan on it in that these refrig are new to 5th wheels and I'm not sure how a home refrig was going to handle the bouncing of a camper.

Yes, we also are having a huge problem with a/c's (Dometic). While the camper was at the dealership having a washer/dryer installed last week, the living room unit went out for a 2nd time in less than 11 months. The bedroom unit had to be replaced once so in 16 months of ownership, we have had to replaced 3 a/c units, all under warranty. Dometic knows they have a problem and are willing to work with folks/dealership but what an inconvenience for the owners having to set up service work or dragging the unit back to a dealer.