Another Residential Fridge Install Experience

rxbristol

Here are details of another residential fridge installation.

It was more involved than I had anticipated. I did some prep work before I had a mobile tech (Darren of My RV Works) drop by to help me. I removed the drawer and its support bracket, removed the gas lines (already removed the gas stove and installed an induction cooktop) and capped the main line outside and sealed the holes, extended the 20 amp wire to the microwave because the electrical junction box was moved to the sidewall to make room for the fridge depth, and installed the new flooring. To get the floor level, I first put some silver bubble-wrap insulation on the floor, cutting it around the slide roller bracket, and then 3/4-inch plywood, at that point the new floor was perfectly level with the slide lip.

I had the new Samsung RF18HFENBSP delivered on Thursday by Home Depot. The doors had to be removed to get it through the door--we cleaned it out and got it cold that night. The next morning Darren showed up and the Norcold came out fairly easily. The fridge shelve was well installed and it took a reciprocating saw to get it out. I cleaned out the hole of installation and debris. The new fridge BARELY got around the rounded island and then to get it onto the slide it had to be put in at a slight angle then straightened out--a perfect depth fit. A mover's blanket was extremely helpful in maneuvering the fridge. The 12 and 115 volt wires were put into conduit and screwed to the wall to prevent rubbing. I then sealed and insulated the vent doors and installed a 4 inch molding at the top of the fridge, due to a large gap, and reinstalled the quarter round at the bottom. The stain is a red mahogany and the trim piece is a generic molding from Lowes. Notice my wife already has magnets on the doors.

Just like Gus with his new fridge install, I'll add the inverter later.

009.jpg

010.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

023.jpg

026.jpg

031.jpg

030.jpg

scottyb

Very nice job. Obviously you got the platinum instead of stainless since her magnets stick. We have the same exact fridge and love it a lot.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Nice job Rex! Is that an air vent I see above the fridge in the last picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rxbristol

Nice job Rex! Is that an air vent I see above the fridge in the last picture?

It kind of looks like that in the picture, but it's the trim of the slide-out. Gus, all this work is your fault, but we love it. Did you get your inverter installed?

dlw930

Nice job and a good mod! That's the same unit we have in our S&B.
367a2a8b9b9fb946fc8c2f0cfe478d21.jpg

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
It kind of looks like that in the picture, but it's the trim of the slide-out. Gus, all this work is your fault, but we love it. Did you get your inverter installed?

The inverter is in and working, but I have to install a switch. I decided to go with a manual double pole-double throw switch to go back and forth between shore power and inverter power. The switch I want is back ordered. Hope to get in soon.

rxbristol

The inverter is in and working, but I have to install a switch. I decided to go with a manual double pole-double throw switch to go back and forth between shore power and inverter power. The switch I want is back ordered. Hope to get in soon.

What is the switch you're waiting for? Can you provide a link?

carl.swoyer

Very nice. I take my landmark in for an extended warranty claim tomorrow on the beautiful high end superior quality 4 door norcold! ROLOL😂. So now I'm considering a residential frig. With that being said how do you feel about your residential frig over the norcold

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk