Installed Crossfire Tire Equalizers

z06

As the title I installed Crossfire Tire Equalizers on my DRW truck this weekend. So now I can adjust each pair of rear tire pressures from unloaded to towing with one valve on each side. Other benefit is that each pair has exactly the same pressure in each tire. Also added Centramatic balancers while was at it. Did some mods to hub caps to fit the Crossfires.IMG_3264.jpg

jimtoo

So if you have a flat on one tire you will now have both tires go flat? If you had a blow out on one, then the other would loose air and you would ruin it also or is there some kind of check valve installed also?

Jim M

z06

Valve is preset with a pressure value. 10 lbs below that value and check valve stops flow out. I bought 60 lb valves as my max is 65 lbs and unloaded I can air down to 52 or so and still have balancing between two. Valve also has a window with changing colors to visually see range pressure is in. Inflation valve is right at center of hubcab making pressure changes a snap.
BTW at 65 psi unloaded the outer and inner 1.5 inches of each rear tire is off of the ground.

So if you have a flat on one tire you will now have both tires go flat? If you had a blow out on one, then the other would loose air and you would ruin it also or is there some kind of check valve installed also?

Jim M

jam20ster

I'm not sure that I like this idea either. I work in the chemical plant business and see check valves fail all the time. To know that my 18K# toy hauler and my family in the TV depend on a small check valve for safety????? In my opinion not something I would trust.

z06

A 1 ton with 65 max psi tires? Is that common?

75 in front and 65 in rear gives a GVWR of 14000 lbs with a 5663 lb useful load. At 65 psi in rear the rear GAWR is 9659 lbs. Tires will take higher PSI but not needed to get to trucks GVWR. As said with 65 PSI with truck unloaded only the center 3 to 4 inches of each rear tire is in contact with road.