Droopy Garmin on stand

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
I'm sure somebody handier than me has a solution to this that you've tried and worked.

We have one of those sandbag holders for our Garmin. For some reason, the ball and socket isn't real tight and it very easily droops, especially with these awful NE Ohio pothole filled roads.

Anyone have a suggestion that they've tried?

GETnBYE

What are the measurements of your garmin. We just had our garmin to die and you are welcome to the window mount. I almost threw it out literally a day ago.
I'm sure somebody handier than me has a solution to this that you've tried and worked.

We have one of those sandbag holders for our Garmin. For some reason, the ball and socket isn't real tight and it very easily droops, especially with these awful NE Ohio pothole filled roads.

Anyone have a suggestion that they've tried?

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Thanks for the window mount offer. We did that for a year or so, but in the Texas sun it just would come unstuck. Really like the sandbag, dashboard mount.

So I used a eyeglass screwdriver to do a little prying to the back of the springs. There are basically four of them. I did one, pushed a paper clip in there, trimmed it off. Put it on the mount and the difference was very noticeable. Didn't want to over do it, so I started with that knowing I have three more I can do.

After driving the roads of the third world country known as Cleveland and NE Ohio for a day and a half, I can easily say that this is a great fix.