Rv lock "beep" died

jimpav

The other day my RV lock ""beep died all of a sudden. Yes, the batteries are fresh. A call to RV lock indicated there's a tiny capacitor on the circuit board that "wears out". No problem, as a new circuit board is on the way for easy self installation. I have the black version 4 integrated lock and keypad.
My sincere thanks to RV lock for standing behind their product, even though it's older than 1 year!!!! Great company!!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The folks at RV Locks are fantastic to work with. I changed the batteries in my Version 3 model while at the SE Region Rally this past April, but after doing so, even though it made what I thought to be all the right sounds, it wouldn't physically lock. Jim Beletti stopped by to take a look and he called the RV Lock owner (sorry, I forgot his name). He asked Jim to hold his phone near the lock while we tried to lock it. He listened twice and immediately diagnosed the problem - I had a AA battery in upside down. He was right and I felt a little dumb, but the service can't be beat.

pegmikef

The other day my RV lock ""beep died all of a sudden. Yes, the batteries are fresh. A call to RV lock indicated there's a tiny capacitor on the circuit board that "wears out". No problem, as a new circuit board is on the way for easy self installation. I have the black version 4 integrated lock and keypad.
My sincere thanks to RV lock for standing behind their product, even though it's older than 1 year!!!! Great company!!

Jim, Did the lock itself die or just the sound?

pegmikef

The lock works fine, but it's hard to tell if it's locking using the fob without any sound.

Oh good deal. I have a high pitch hearing loss so I usually don't hear it anyway, but ironically, I can usually hear the lock turning since the sound is a lower frequency.

We recently had the same problem. The beep became intermittent for a while and then died entirely. After waiting about 3 weeks to be sure it wouldn't cure itself, I sent an email to RV Lock. They responded quickly and sent a board. I changed it out and the problem did not go away. Another email resulted in the keypad board being sent and that one cured the problem. The lock is working great.

I really like the design of the lock. They seem to have covered all of the bases. The fob is convenient, the key pad has saved time when the RV was stored at home and I wanted to get into it and did not have my keys with me. It's also reassuring to have the key to fall back on if all else fails and I like being able to shut off access using the fob when we are in for the night. Just a little bit of additional security. It is a well thought out design and their customer service is great. I would purchase it again.

jimpav

Not too steal Don's post, but at the North Central Regional Rally this past week, Jim Baletti who usually carries spare RV lock parts, came over to install a new board, as my "beep" was gone again. After replacing the main board, we discovered the "beep" was still not "beeping". We then removed the keypad board, and replaced it with a new one. That was the ticket. The main board does not contain the "beep", but the keypad board does. Thanks Jim B for your help!!! Enclosed is a pic of the keyboard board. It helps to completely remove the lock from the door and disassemble on a table as the screws are ultra small.RV lock.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Not too steal Don's post, but at the North Central Regional Rally this past week, Jim Baletti who usually carries spare RV lock parts, came over to install a new board, as my "beep" was gone again. After replacing the main board, we discovered the "beep" was still not "beeping". We then removed the keypad board, and replaced it with a new one. That was the ticket. The main board does not contain the "beep", but the keypad board does. Thanks Jim B for your help!!! Enclosed is a pic of the keyboard board. It helps to completely remove the lock from the door and disassemble on a table as the screws are ultra small.View attachment 45778

good to know they've built it well where parts can be fixed inside, not buy a whole new lock. That's worth paying for.