Upgrading 08 to 09 interior project

fishn2dmax

Well I made the big mistake of letting the DW see the new 09 Sundance interiors at a local RV show. One of the things she really disliked about our 08 Sundance 2900MK is the fabric side of window "curtains". She prefers the full fabric window boxes ( lambrequins) found on many nice coaches. When she saw the 09 Sundance now included the lambrequins, solid surface counter tops, and pull out bed air mattress, she wanted me trade-in our 08 for an 09. After looking at what that would cost in taxes, registration, depreciation, and overall difference in cost, we elected to look into upgrading our 08 with at least the New Lambrequins ( full window boxes) and the front hitch abs cover.

I contacted a local heartland dealer ( they only carry Heartland Bighorn) and asked if they would help me. I gave Motorsportsland a detail drawing of all my 7 windows we wanted lambrequins for along with sizes and color. They contacted the parts department at Heartland and was told we couldn't do this. I sent an and E-mail to heartland asking why? John L. from the Heartland team quickly responded and indicated they would help me and apologized. They not only were able to build the lambrequins in our matching fabric, they also let us know the existing top window boxes on the big windows on the main slide needed to be deeper to accept the side lambrequins boxes. Heartland made all the lambrequins and added the two new deeper top windows boxes with my same Beige fabric colors and shipped them in a crate to my local dealer. I installed the Lambrequins and the new ABS hitch cover and wow what a nice difference!!!

Motorsportland in Salt Lake city and John L. from the Heartland team did a great Job in putting together this custom interior upgrade request. I greatly appreciate John for allowing his team to do something special for one of their customers.

While this was not an inexpensive interior upgrade, it turned out great and my DW is very happy with the result. I have to say, I now know why my DW wanted the Lamrequins....WOW what an improvement they make over the fabric side curtains! :) I will supply pictures of the before and after in the next few days.

Next upgrade projects. Solar panel addition and a larger kitchen SINK!!! :rolleyes: