Best Extended Warranty

I'm thinking about getting an extended warranty like the Good Sam Insurance, but I've always been skeptical and never had good luck with any others. Anyone out there have an extended warranty and what are your opnions. Thanks

dlw930

After getting "offers" for extended warranties from my dealer and Good Sam, I finally bit on Wholesale Warranties. They were much less than the other two and for 5 years instead of three, and includes tire and wheel road hazard coverage as well. We bought a preowned Landmark with washer/dryer plus usual appliances. I've had the WW warranty four months and they've already paid claim for a new 48" smart tv. My 5 yr premium is 20% paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
After getting "offers" for extended warranties from my dealer and Good Sam, I finally bit on Wholesale Warranties. They were much less than the other two and for 5 years instead of three, and includes tire and wheel road hazard coverage as well. We bought a preowned Landmark with washer/dryer plus usual appliances. I've had the WW warranty four months and they've already paid claim for a new 48" smart tv. My 5 yr premium is 20% paid for.

Make sure you read the fine print . . . and go online and read reviews of the warranty company . . . and read them all!

Our previous dealer sold us the N*Compass extended warranty (they've changed their name since then as they PO'd a lot of people) on our previous trailer and they found all kinds of excuses to get out of coverage.

And when we needed them most (1000 miles from home) . . . they left us hanging high and dry.

Once, they offered to pay $150 of a $3000 repair . . . and that was the final straw!

I told them to keep it . . .

We exercised the fine print (cancellation clause) . . . got our money back, and used it as the down payment for our new trailer!

We skipped the extended warranty from our new dealership since we have one year from Heartland . . .

When that gets close to running out we will investigate getting an extended warranty on it . . . probably Good Sam's!

dlw930

Make sure you read the fine print . . . and go online and read reviews of the warranty company . . . and read them

We skipped the extended warranty from our new dealership since we have one year from Heartland . . .
!

I read reviews and asked for a copy of their contract and asked many questions before I bought. Reviews were overwhelmingly positive. Yes, there is much they won't cover, but my package covers all appliances, slide mechanisms, seals, tire and wheels(road hazard). They also have a network of service techs, but you don't have to use them. I know from experience most breakdowns happen at night, on weekends or holidays.....never convenient. The clincher for me was it's a five year contract that I could pay for over 12 months.....no interest.

If we had purchased a new RV, I would not have even considered an extended plan at this point.

If we had purchased n

If we had

Sweenja1

We just purchased the Wholesale Warranty for our new Bighorn. It's a 7 year exclusionary warranty. Based on the research I did I felt it was the best available for the cost. Much cheaper to purchase directly through them as opposed to a dealer.

'Lil Guy'

We just purchased the Wholesale Warranty for our new Bighorn. It's a 7 year exclusionary warranty. Based on the research I did I felt it was the best available for the cost. Much cheaper to purchase directly through them as opposed to a dealer.

What company are you referring to.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We bought a 5 year one (Star) on our rig when it was first purchased. Never used it. Now we're warranteed by "Mr. Cash."

Sweenja1

http://www.wholesalewarranties.com/

I'm not a mechanical person and there are a lot of components on our Bighorn 3760EL that could fail and are very costly to repair/replace if they do. One thing I like about it is if you need to file multiple claims for covered repairs, they can't raise the cost of the plan. True, some may never use it, others have used it many times more than the cost of the policy. For me, it was worth the $2100 to know most of the components are covered. Because I purchased an exclusionary coverage the contract lists what is not covered. Anything not listed is covered so its easy to understand.

GOTTOYS

Many of the appliances and other components offer extensions on their original warranties at a very reasonable cost. Those warranties are provided and administered by the manufacturers. In the five years years that I've owned our Big Country we haven't had to repair any of the high dollar components that may have been covered by a warranty extension or service contract. In addition many of these "warranty' companies have taken people's money then gone out of business keeping the money. If you must buy one, know who you are dealing with, don't just take the salesperson's word for what it covers. Look at the contract and understand it, don't let them rush you through it and tell you the coverage is 'bumper to bumper". Such coverage doesn't exist. There is a ton of money to be made in commissions on these products, the salespeople aren't going to let you get away without a fight. If you must buy one the Good Sam product could be a good choice. At least you've heard of them..My choice for an extended warranty is NONE....Don

yport

I researched quite a few checking all reviews I could ... almost went with one out of CA. Then I decided to call my RV repair dealer here on Cape Cod who I figured dealt with many. In asking them, they said they had nightmares dealing with several named companies and they strongly suggested Good Sam as they have a great rapport with them. I went Good Sam!

I've never been bought an extended warranty that I've used so I hesitate purchsing anything, I was an RV tech for 4 years and I'm comfortable working on it but my Cyclone has alot of expensive components trying to decide if it's worth it.

I am shopping for an extended warranty. I just purchased a 2017 Heartland Big Country. My fiancée has lived in a Duthchman for 10 years with no problem, but it is too small for the both of us. If someone could give me the name of a company they have had experience with, I would greatly appreciate it. I registered with Heartlandowners.org today and still do not have access to all the features.
A company named Wholesale Warranties out of CA sent me an email offering a seven year plan for $2,871. I spoke to an agent to ask why I would need it while the first year has a manufacturer bumper to bumper warranty. He stated the manufacturer may not pay the "mobile" labor cost; only service center labor cost and his company pays for hotel and meals if repairs can only be done in shop. Thank you for any guidance and consideration.

danemayer

Hi joaniewheat,

Congratulations on the new Big Country and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm sure you'll get some opinions shortly. And of course there are some earlier posts in this thread that you might find helpful.

Before writing a check, you'll want to carefully read the fine print to understand what's included and what's excluded from coverage. Also, understanding what types of repairs are covered. Also deductibles. And you'll want to understand the claims process. With some companies, if you don't follow their process precisely, they will deny coverage.

donr827

A lot of the warrantees that dealers sell have prices that are negotiable. A lot of mark up in warrantees.
Don

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We use the Good Sam warranty service. Most dealers and mobile servicers accept the Good Sam extended warranty and do not accept many of the others. Good Sam is not near that expensive. Besides most of the things that go wrong can be fixed by yourself.