Anyone have a 31QBS

GreenRV

My wife and I were looking at the 31QBS, we saw it at an RV show and we liked the setup. We were wondering if any one had this unit and if so what there experience was I was considereng a "Hensley: hitch. Unsure of spelling there.

GreenRV

Oh and the factory rep has told we about Wide Trax suspension. Is this really helpful when towing? I have a 2007 Tundra Double Cab SR5 with 4.7 L V8. 6700 LB towing Capcity.,

Is this enough???

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
If your thinking about a Hensley hitch , might want to check www.propridehitch.com this is a new hitch (model) that is being produced that Jim Hensley designed . Never had a Hensely or this one but is being talked as better and cheaper , thought you might be interested .
I don't know much about the Tundras but make sure the rearend gears have enough pulling power and not highway type gears. I also would check what kind of tires are on it if there " P " rated tires ,you need to have "LT" tires installed ,so you have the load rating and heavier side walls. I sure more folks will weigh in on the Tundra for you ,good luck...Ken

CampingJunkie

Our good friends just bought one and love it. They are pulling it with a F250 diesel. I have a 28BHS and pull it with a 4.7L Sequoia with a 6500# towing capacity. I have no problems with my set up. I use a Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH.

Jennifer

CampingJunkie

We weighed the camper the first time we were out with all of our stuff loaded plus a little more as our children brought friends on the first trip. And it weighed in at 5400 pounds loaded.

Jennifer

irvin56

Weight on QBS

Howdy all
We picked one up and weighed in on the way to storage. With the trailer empty and the propane tanks full, with battery, and with a power jack on it. also with the weight of the equalizer set up(resse 1,000 lbs) I weighed in at 5,900 lbs. I sware the hookup weights at least a 100 lbs.
My e-mail from gm canada said my total combined weight was 12,000 lbs
and I pull with a silverado 2000 ext cab. 3.73 gears in rear end and a 4.8 liter motor. It leaves me with 1,000 lbs to load every thing else
Hope this helps with your question

I would contact you dealer, whom ever makes your truck, and give them your vehicle indenification number and they can tell you how much your maximum amount of weight you can handle withj your unit. This is how I got my info

Last edited:

CampingJunkie

Our friends who have the 31QBS have 18 and 14 yo sons and a 10 yo daughter. They were all very comfortable. They keep their bags on their beds while not sleeping and when they are sleeping they put their bags in the cabinet or the dinette. Of course it is not as much room as their bedrooms at home but sleeping is the main use for the space and the bed size was very adequate for this family.

Jennifer

txninva

We picked one up a couple of months ago and have used it 3 times so far. The bunkhouse works out great for our 8 and 5 year olds. They watch DVD's back there and use the dinette for puzzles and games (when they're not fighting). We pull it with a 2002 F150 4x4 5.4 with 3.55 gears. I'm going to upgrade trucks to a F250 or F350 because the trailer length (34')and weight is a little much on the truck suspension and tranny even though it has a towing package. Using equalizer WD, class IV reese (900lb tongue weight via sherline scale), prodigy, rancho 9000's adjustables. We've been very pleased with it so far.
probs
-a couple of the vents (1 heat, 1 AC) dont blow at all or very minimal - not been back to dealer yet for those as it hasn't affected interior climate
-fresh water pump doesn't work-found that this weekend and its going in today for that
J

We are considering the North Trail 31qbs or the Sundance 310qb for all the reasons previously mentioned. These forums are so great!

kampfirekid

We really considered the 31QBS, but after trying to move between the queen bed and the partition wall with the sliding door, it was almost impossible. Now, earlier models without the 78" long queen bed, it may be easier, but we looked at a late build. We opted for the 31BHD with only two kids. It is extremely spacious over anything. It looks longer inside than it really is, and with my handiness, the second sofa at the rear will be a beautiful bunk by the 2009 camping season.

Nell

We have a 31QBS a 16yr old son and 14yr and 11yr old daughters. The bunk house works out really well for us. The dinnette is always left up. They do their homwork, they play board games and sometimes just hang out there. In the day time I hook the two top bunks up so it seems a lot more spacious and the lower bunk that's left gets used like a sofa as I have a couple of the long running body pillows placed along the back. It gives them a place for dressing and their own private space in general. I love this trailer.

Last edited:
We have three kids 4, 6, and 8. The bunks are a fine size for our kids. We tow ours with a 2007 Suburban (K1500). It tows fine up to 65 MPH. After that I feel a little sway when large trailers pass or with gusts of wind.

Nell

We have three kids 4, 6, and 8. The bunks are a fine size for our kids. We tow ours with a 2007 Suburban (K1500). It tows fine up to 65 MPH. After that I feel a little sway when large trailers pass or with gusts of wind.

I see you're from Roswell, me too. We too have the 31QBS with the Eqal-i-zer and a Yukon XL denali. I'm just curious - did you purchase yours from Peco?