Ideas to relace a cumersome heavy sofa.

Deedee

Hello Everyone,
Could anyone give me some ideas as to what I could replace my very heavy completely horrible sofa? Just so tired of it, and it broke. I would like to make it be gone so badly. But, I am not sure what to replace it with. A few of my friends suggested perhaps a twin bed that I could turn into a nice daybed with throw cushions or maybe a futon. Would appreciate some feedback please.
Thanks
Deedee:cool:

Last edited:

rxbristol

We took ours out and replaced it with a small counter height dinning table. We then took out the small built-in dinning table and replaced it with a computer desk.

VKTalley

Hello Everyone,
Could anyone give me some ideas as to what I could replace my very heavy completely horrible sofa? Just so tired of it, and it broke. I would like to make it be gone so badly. But, I am not sure what to replace it with. A few of my friends suggested perhaps a twin bed that I could turn into a nice daybed with throw cushions or maybe a futon. Would appreciate some feedback please.
Thanks
Deedee:cool:

Deedee, check your measurements to see what size will fit. If I was to replace my couch, it can only be 36" deep (front to back). DH and I have been looking at replacing the recliners that came with our unit as they are not comfortable for me to sit in. So far, we have not settled on anything that we both like. Good luck with your change out and post pictures of what you decide to use, please!

MTPockets

Is the sofa at the rear? Or in the slide? Ours was in the slide which we replaced with wall hugger Lazyboys. We replaced our swivel recliners that were in the rear with high back dining chairs with arms. No more having to move the recliners to put in the slides, plus lots of extra room on both sides of chairs for table or shelf.