Valve Stem Extenders vs Tire Pressure Equalizers

Chippendale

I have been procrastinating getting valve stem extenders for the dual rear wheels on my 2015 Ford F350 and have now heard about the Crossfire Tire Pressure Equalizers.

I would be interested in comments, pro or con, from people who are or have used the pressure equalizers. In a way, they seem like a good idea, except it appears that they are factory set for a certain pressure and that is what you have to live with.

The door sticker on my truck says the front tires should be 75 PSI and the rear tires 65 PSI. Are these the pressures that those of you with Ford DRWs tow with? 65 PSI seems a little low to me.

Also, after traveling on some less than stellar roads on my early summer trip to Goshen and my 4200 mile late summer trip to Colorado, I have been thinking about giving myself a set of air bags as an early Christmas present. Any suggestions on these, brand, size etc for a Ford DRW will also be appreciated.

Thanks,
George

MTPockets

I've always gone with the recommended pressure. 75 front and 65 rear.. I can't answer the question about equalizes. I monitor mine with the TPMS. I see no need for airbags either.

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
George my F350 is a little older than yours but I don't see a need for air bags either. On the tires I went with the flexable, extended air lines. They attach to my hub cap and it is very easy to check/change air pressure in the inner or outer tire.

z06

I went with the crossfires. They work with 10 psi up or down from factory preset. I went with 60 psi and run the recommended 65 loaded and 52 empty. I like the auto equalizing of pressure between the two tires.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I run 80 pound in the front and 75 in the rear on my F350 Dually and with the TPMS those pressures seem to have my tires run the coolest and have the least amount of increase in pressure and temperature than other fill pressures. With these heavy rigs we tow, I would agree that the 65 pounds of pressure is too low.

I have used airbags on all of my rigs. The airbags allow you to bring the truck up to the standard or level hight while driving so headlights are level and you still have the full travel of your suspension when loaded. They do however make the empty or unloaded ride rougher, even if you drop the air pressure down to 5 pounds but the ride when your hauling your trailer is much smoother and enjoyable.

Rod

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I too use airbags as I am hooked up my overload springs were making contact with their bump stops and to me it seemed to be a rougher ride like that. Now I run 65 psi in my bags and it seems to run smoother across expansion joints and the normal road mess we deal with. The potholes and what not still do a number on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk