MCD Shades

mjonesday

Has anyone had problems with the MCD roller shades? We have had one quit working and the rest seem hard to get to go up.

danemayer

Hi mjonesday,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. This is a great place to get answers and I'm sure you'll get some feedback shortly from others with MCD roller shades.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
They are adjustable and as they age, the springs in them seem to loosen up some and need to be tightened. The MCD webpage has a good PDF document that explains step by step how to adjust them. They are a pain to get to the way that they are mounted in our rigs, but once they are unclipped and out of the window valance cover, they are very easy to adjust. Getting them back into their spring clip holders in the valances once you have made your adjustments can be a little tricky too.

Rod

MTPockets

They are tricky to reach the adjusting roller; I've used a long, flat blade screwdriver successfully without having to remove the shade. The roller has small notches that the blade can grab. Once you determine the correct direction to turn the roller, it's pretty easy.

yport

I had a roller/spring break and the shade just stayed down. Called MCD and they were super. They asked for the shade # ... visible on top once I removed it ... and sent me the repair replacement part (no charge, even after warranty) with easy instructions to replace. Previous comments were correct about being a little tricky to remove and re-install. The key was patience!

mjonesday

I had a roller/spring break and the shade just stayed down. Called MCD and they were super. They asked for the shade # ... visible on top once I removed it ... and sent me the repair replacement part (no charge, even after warranty) with easy instructions to replace. Previous comments were correct about being a little tricky to remove and re-install. The key was patience!

Thanks for that info. Ours went up and won't pull down. I have removed it from the valance and tried adjusting the screws but all they do is turn with no resistance. We will be calling them. Again, thanks.